Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista - Want To Install Xp

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cakesunlimited

cakesunlimited

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:21 AM

I did ask about this but i can't find answer anywhere on here now.

I have a new machine Compaq presario - it came from PC world with Vista already installed. Can't get along with Vista, can't see the advantages, none of my programmes work and my bt broadband isn't compatible with Vista. ...........soooooooooo I want to install XP instead.
I try to boot from disc but it just stops with a blue screen and it says -A problem has been detected and windows had been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. Check for viruses - then it goes on to say about checking for viruses etc., and to run CHKDSK/F but that won't work.
Also underneath there are these sets of numbers ***STOP - 0X000007B (0XF7A56524 0XC0000034 0X00000000 0X00000000)

Any ideas ????

Gaynor

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:54 AM

In your BIOS does it give you and option to not boot from the hard drive? If so try to boot without the hard drive as an option in the boot order.
By the way which XP do you have? OEM or Full version?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 cakesunlimited

cakesunlimited
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 02 June 2007 - 03:06 PM

In your BIOS does it give you and option to not boot from the hard drive? If so try to boot without the hard drive as an option in the boot order.
By the way which XP do you have? OEM or Full version?

I have set the bios to boot from CD. It is the OEM version.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 03 June 2007 - 04:25 AM

How to troubleshoot "Stop 0x0000007B" errors in Windows XP
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users