Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2003 Email / Name Displays In Inbox

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ollylock

ollylock

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:57 AM

Hi,

Most of my emails in my Inbox in Outlook are displayed by their full names, such as "Joe Bloggs", however there is one email (who I'm emailing often), that constantly is shown by their actual email, and not their display name. I know it's minor, but it is very annoying. I've tried everything. I've gone onto his contact card and his email is supposedly displayed as "Name (email)", yet nothing happens. Furthermore, I've double clicked on the email in the reading pane and a little box popped up saying:

Display name: (email)
Email Address: (email)
Email type: SMTP

I changed the Display Name to their full name and clicked "OK". Yet it is still displayed by his email. I click on his email again in the reading pane, and the display name has reverted back to his email address!

Can anyone help me here?

Thanks,

Olly

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,046 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 03 June 2007 - 12:24 PM

What you describe occurs when the sender has not entered his/her name into the from area in his/her e-mail program. There is nothing you can do on your end to make his/her name display if he/she has not included it on his/her end.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

#3 ollylock

ollylock
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 03 June 2007 - 07:18 PM

I see. Many thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users