Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Wireless Zero Configuration (wzc) Wont Load

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 kevin1984

kevin1984

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 02 June 2007 - 07:19 AM

Im currently having to connect my laptop to the net using my ethernet cable as my wireless appears to have gone tits up.

When i click on the wireless networks button in the bottom right corner of the screen, The message below appears:

Posted Image

Having read through that i logged onto the microsoft waste of my time website and attempted to follow there instructions. Which as usual, didnt work

and now im up to the part below, heres the errors i get by following microsofts 'advice' on trying to load the driver.

Posted Image

A solution to fix this WITHOUT reformatting would be ideal, thanks loads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 PM

Posted 02 June 2007 - 07:29 AM

You are right to start the services for Wireless Zero Configuration. And it seem that you are not able to start?

Read this article and see if it helps.

Also update your Window.

#3 kevin1984

kevin1984
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2007 - 07:31 AM

You are right to start the services for Wireless Zero Configuration. And it seem that you are not able to start?

Read this article and see if it helps.

Also update your Window.

Windows is updated fully except for i.e 7 which isnt really a must. il give that article a go now thx and will post back any results in bout 15-30

#4 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2007 - 07:33 AM

Sure. Another Microsoft Article may also be of help to you.

Yes, IE7 isn't a must. It's up to you whether to install or not.

Edit: After looking at the Error Signature again, seem like your Wireless Zero Configuration DLL file have some problem. Post the result, but I won't be replying that fast as of now.

Edited by Nikas, 02 June 2007 - 07:35 AM.

#5 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2007 - 07:38 AM

One more question that I forgot to ask, did you install any other wireless application for you to connect through wirelessly such as Intel PROSet/Wireless?

#6 kevin1984

kevin1984
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2007 - 07:39 AM

One more question that I forgot to ask, did you install any other wireless application for you to connect through wirelessly such as Intel PROSet/Wireless?

No iv just use the original software since i bought the laptop last year

#7 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2007 - 07:43 AM

When does this problem starts to happen? When was the last time you connect to the internet using wireless? What did you do before the last time you were able to use internet through wirelessly?

#8 kevin1984

kevin1984
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2007 - 07:44 AM

It stopped working about 2 weeks ago, for no reason it seems, was using it in the morning, turned the laptop off, turned it back on at night and the internet wasnt working. bizarre

#9 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2007 - 09:27 AM

So did any of the article helps?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users