Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Ac Adapter Connector Short

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 drexburke

drexburke

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 02 June 2007 - 06:47 AM

The power adapter connector on the back of my laptop (Dell Inspiron 1150) has been defective for some time. Dell's solution is to replace the motherboard-warranty is expired. I have been able to nurse the connector along up until yesterday and now the computer will not power up at all (the ac adapter green light is on), I am looking for an article on how to repair the adapter connector instead of the entire motherboard replacement. I came across such an article previously but cannot locate it. Any help? Thanks, drexburke

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 02 June 2007 - 07:25 AM

Hi drexburke. Welcome to BC. :thumbsup:
To repair\replace the power jack, the system board will need to come out.
The step by step is here
Has it broken loose, worn out or what?

Edited by HitSquad, 02 June 2007 - 07:26 AM.

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:23 PM

If repairing the power connector requires you to do any soldering you should read this article http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/05/18/fix...ur_motherboard/.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users