Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gap Between The Bars At The Bottom

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SRK62

SRK62

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 02 June 2007 - 06:12 AM

* Total points: 83 (Level 1)
* Points earned this week:

* --% Best answer

eager62
S

Removig the gap between the status bar and the task bar?

Suddenly a big gap has appeared between the task bar and the status bar at the bottom of the screen.How can I remove it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 02 June 2007 - 06:37 AM

Hover the mouse over the bottom of the active screen until it changes to a two headed arrow. Then press and hold down the left click and drag the bottom of the active screen as far as it will go. You can do that for all four sides of the active screen to get maximum view/active screen size.

Edited by buddy215, 02 June 2007 - 08:00 AM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 SRK62

SRK62
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:27 AM

If that could solve the problem, I would not have come to this forum. This problem is only in the Mozilla Firefox.Everything is normal when I use the IE. I uninstalled (removed) and reinstalled the latest version.Still the problem exists. I also notice that my google tool bar has disappeared!May be it is connected to the gap problem?

Edited by rigel, 02 June 2007 - 08:31 PM.
Removed unsuitable abbr - rigel

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:06 AM

If that could solve the problem, I would not have come to this forum.

Coping that attitude, is not going to help get your problem solved.
As far as I know, buddy215 isn't a mind reader, and since you didn't offer any information as to what you did, or didn't try, he offered the easiest solution to the problem.
If you continue to disrespect the members of this board, you'll find that you don't receive very much help, with any problems you may have.

In the future, provide as much information as you can, no matter how insignificant you may think it is, and these types of misunderstandings can be avoided.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 SRK62

SRK62
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:25 PM

I am really sorry about the tone of my last mail.I really regret it.
I need help.
I am using w2k pro with the latest Mozilla Firefox.
I tried to restart the computer after selecting the 'last known configuration or setting' or something like that in the options available bellow safe mode.
But it is now not starting back to the normal mode.
I tried safe mode and then restarted it.
I tried many times but it is still the same.
The gap between the bottom bars is still there.But when I use IE, the screen is normal.
Please help.

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:11 PM

Have you tried using System Restore or System Restore from a command prompt in "SAFE MODE" to return to a previous state before your problems began?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#7 SRK62

SRK62
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:57 PM

I am using y2k and it does not have the 'restore' functions you suggested? Anyway inspired by your suggestion.
I did some reading in the online help from Microsoft and then went to the device manager and found ? marks against certain devices like PCI etc and I disabled them.Still the computer refused to come back to the normal mode and I called a professional. He came and reinstalled the drivers for the disabled devices and things were back to normal except that the Firefox widow still has that big gap between the status bar and menu bar at the bottom.I uninstalled it and downloaded from their site and reinstalled it but it is still the same.It has also again created the problem with the PCI device.It also slows down the computer.
I am thinking of removing this browser completely and may be use Avant browser and IE. IE is working well without any problem.Is it that y2k is not able to handle Moxilla Firefox?
The 'help' link in the Mozilla Firefox is not fully functional.I want to write to them but it does not open.Also when I click on the Icon, the browser opens slowly-much slower than IE.

#8 SRK62

SRK62
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2007 - 09:47 PM

I am writing this to share my experience here. I once again un installed the Mozilla Firefoz and tried to remove all traces of it by usiing the search option and deleting everything.I could not delete all but I managed most of it.And then I downloaded the Mozilla Firefox with Google Tool Bar and installed it.To my surprise,it is fine!Everything is normal.
But what was the problem and how is it that it has disappeared now?
Can any one help?
The yellow question mark against the PCI device in the device manager is still there. Should I use the Motherboard driver CD to reinstall the device driver?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users