Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Program Shuts Down Just After Lunching

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Lopez

Michael Lopez

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 02 June 2007 - 04:18 AM

Hi

I wanted to know about how can I know what program or process closes the Ollydbg program. I have tried many programs (spyware doctor, TrendMicro PC-Cilin,Ad adware be gone) but I still remains the same.

The only way that I could make it stay was by using Process Guard (with Secure Message Handling enabled), But It doesn't say anything about which programs, process, module tries to close the Ollydbg program.

Just recently I had Virtumonde virus that after following the instructions in this forum I think it's resolved. ( I also used spyware doctor and trend micro ) and I don't get anyother annoying popups, websites. But I still think that some variant of this virus closes Ollydbg (think the rootkit one). Tonight I checked the processes by Security Task Manager and I found that there was a dll with high risk in my memory.

I checked computer again by spyware doctor and trend micro Pc-cilin 2007 but none of them didn't find anything bad.

Sincerely
Michael Lopez

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 02 June 2007 - 06:58 AM

Post a Hijack This log in the Hijack This Forum by following the directions in the link below. DO NOT post the log in this forum.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Edited by buddy215, 02 June 2007 - 10:11 AM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Michael Lopez

Michael Lopez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 02 June 2007 - 09:50 AM

Ok, Thanks for your help

Sincerely
Michael Lopez

#4 Minh Triet Pham Tran

Minh Triet Pham Tran

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:25 PM

Hi

I wanted to know about how can I know what program or process closes the Ollydbg program. I have tried many programs (spyware doctor, TrendMicro PC-Cilin,Ad adware be gone) but I still remains the same.

The only way that I could make it stay was by using Process Guard (with Secure Message Handling enabled), But It doesn't say anything about which programs, process, module tries to close the Ollydbg program.

Just recently I had Virtumonde virus that after following the instructions in this forum I think it's resolved. ( I also used spyware doctor and trend micro ) and I don't get anyother annoying popups, websites. But I still think that some variant of this virus closes Ollydbg (think the rootkit one). Tonight I checked the processes by Security Task Manager and I found that there was a dll with high risk in my memory.

I checked computer again by spyware doctor and trend micro Pc-cilin 2007 but none of them didn't find anything bad.

Sincerely
Michael Lopez

You should try Process Monitor of Sysinternals, it could tell you which process terminates Ollydbg.
If you think technology can solve your security problems, then you don't understand the problems and you don't understand the technology. Bruce Schneier

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users