Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Change Desktop Background

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 corndale

corndale

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 02 June 2007 - 03:38 AM

I copied a jpeg picture in the Windows\Web\Wallpaper folder and want to make it the Desktop Background. I right-clicked on the Desktop and selected Personalize. I then selected Desktop Background. For Picture Location I selected Windows Wallpaper. The picture appears in the window. I selected the picture and clicked OK. However, the picture does not appear as the Desktop Theme. I went through this process a number of times, selecting the same picture, as well as different pictures in the Wallpaper folder, with the same result. I also tried right-clicking on the picture and selecting Set As Desktop Background. This also did not work. For the record, I am able to change the Desktop Theme color. The computer is a very basic model: Compac Celeron 3.2G running Windows Vista Basic with 512mb. Can anyone offer a solution?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_uhaligani_*

Guest_uhaligani_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:33 AM

I just worked it through and it seemed OK. Only difference was I selcted "picture" not Wallpaper

#3 teesa

teesa

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:18 PM

I am having the similar problem as corndale..

I copied a jpeg picture in the Windows\Web\Wallpaper folder and want to make it the Desktop Background. I right-clicked on the Desktop and selected Personalize. I then selected Desktop Background. For Picture Location I selected Windows Wallpaper. The picture appears in the window. I selected the picture and clicked OK. However, the picture does not appear as the Desktop Theme. I went through this process a number of times, selecting the same picture, as well as different pictures in the Wallpaper folder, with the same result. I also tried right-clicking on the picture and selecting Set As Desktop Background. This also did not work. For the record, I am able to change the Desktop Theme color. The computer is a very basic model: Compac Celeron 3.2G running Windows Vista Basic with 512mb. Can anyone offer a solution?

I am running on the same computer and selecting the picture setting does not seem to help. Can anyone offer any other solutions?

#4 sabandjen

sabandjen

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 12 January 2008 - 01:23 AM

i think i found a solution to this problem..well it worked for me

i went here:
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/107383-d...ent-change.html

and under

"METHOD TWO:
Through the registry"

you will see:

STEP TWO:
3. To Enable Changing the Wallpaper - Enable_Changing_Wallpaper.reg < Click To Download

then follow the directions which are:

Click on Save, and save the file to the Desktop.
Right click the .reg (On Desktop) file and click Merge.

i didnt have to do this steps but you might:
(Click on the Run button for Security Warning pop-up.
Click on Continue (UAC), Yes, and then OK when prompted.)

When done, you can delete the .reg file (On Desktop).

i restarted and tah-dah!!!!
good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users