Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Don't Buy Toothpaste From China!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 02 June 2007 - 12:44 AM

FDA: Throw away toothpaste made in China

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The government warned consumers on Friday to avoid using toothpaste made in China because it may contain a poisonous chemical used in antifreeze.

Out of caution, the Food and Drug Administration said, people should throw away toothpaste with labeling that says it was made in China. The FDA is concerned that these products may contain diethylene glycol.

I can hear Mr. Bush now... "Well, if they sent an attack on our dogs and kittens! AND NOW this attack on our teeth, it must be terrorism!" :thumbsup:

Source

Edited by yano, 02 June 2007 - 12:45 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 02 June 2007 - 07:57 AM

If you go to most any of the "dollar" stores, you'll see a lot of "Made in China" items such as toothpaste, soaps, cleaning solutions, and similar.

I've often wondered how safe these extremely cheap items are since there is virtually no control over what goes into them or how sanitary their production is.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:24 AM

Dont buy anything edible there at least.
I brush with toothpaste made in the USA by TOMS of Maine.

#4 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:03 AM

I use Colgate and it's distributed in USA and made in Canada! :thumbsup:

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,699 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:26 AM

I use Peelu fiber.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#6 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 02 June 2007 - 01:29 PM

I use Colgate and it's distributed in USA and made in Canada! :thumbsup:

Then it's gotta be good stuff - huge grin!

The thought of diethylene glycol being used in toothpaste or anything else that humans could consume - eep! Especially since, if I remember correctly, 'antifreeze' is fatal to humans (and animals).

Yes, it's a great idea to notice where food stuffs (or over the counter medications, etc) are manufactured and buy accordingly. Thanks for the 'heads up' on this, yano!
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users