Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sony Vaio Can Not Access The Internet Nomore?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Banks

Banks

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:21 PM

Yeah I let my mom use my sony vaio laptop for a couple months and the other day she was deleeting things she thought were useless and on control panel it said they were rarely used, then all of a sudden she tells me the laptop dont let her accerss the internet? And she doesnt know what she deleted that coouldve caused this? Do any of you have any suggestions on what she might've deleted? And how I can get the connection back?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Banks

Banks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 03 June 2007 - 09:46 PM

Oh I think i found what the problem is this green box thats usually..well..green is gray and it says

wpc54GS is not installed

is tha the problem? and what is that?

#3 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 04 June 2007 - 01:53 AM

Hi Banks.

That is your Linksys Wireless Adapter: http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=wpc54GS+&...lient=firefox-a.

It looks as though you will have to go to the Linksys site and get the drivers onto a flash drive or CD and re-install them.
The old story, If you don't know what it is - Leave it alone. :thumbsup:

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users