Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Sounds On Another Pc

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jgadrummer

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 01 June 2007 - 12:38 PM

I once saw a tech have the ability to control sounds on a network computer from his computer. He set up a link where he could press a key on his pc and make a sound play on another users pc somewhere else in the office via the LAN, is this possible?
"All the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players..."

'Music is the fuel of life...'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jeanniemalinda

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:53 PM

Yep, its definitely possible. When I was a programmer, one of the guys on my team wrote a little app to do just that. He wrote it in Visual Basic, and I never looked at the code, but it must have been pretty simple. The only catch is that the "receiving" PC must be running a "listener" piece of code too. We had tons of fun with this little gadget!

#3 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 02:51 PM

I suppose the most basic way is to run a remote desktop. But, then the sounds would have to be on the other PC but you could tell it to make those sounds.
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#4 BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 04:38 PM

we used to do it over AOL all the time in the chat rooms. (showing my age)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users