Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fax Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DG8

DG8

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:47 AM

Can someone help me. I have an external Wanadoo speedtouch modem and a 56k internal modem, the internal modem does not get used, my broadband is the default Internet connection.

I need to send one fax per week and would like to use the internal modem [56K] as a fax modem I have set up the 56K using the windows printers & faxes options in control panel, both modems are connected to the phone line using the filters [two - one for each modem] supplied by Wanadoo.

I donít know what Iím doing wrong - I canít get this to work - I get a message no dialling tone? but the fax printer and program show as being installed is what Iím trying to do possible? And if so how do I set it up?

I would be grateful if someone can point me to a site which can take me through the set-up stages as simply as possible - or offer appropriate advice.

I'm using Windows XP sp2

Many thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pascor22234

pascor22234

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 01 June 2007 - 03:34 PM

Here's the official MS instructions for setting up the FAX function.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306550

Note: If you happen to be using DSL rather than cable modem service be sure to install a line filter from your Internet service provider on the phone line going to the FAX card. This keeps the DSL service from interfering with the FAX data.

#3 DG8

DG8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 01 June 2007 - 04:16 PM

pascor22234 - Thank you for this link - I've been trying to work out how to get this working without success - I'm stopping for this evening and I will read and attempt to follow the instructions.

I hope you have a pleasant week-end - many thanks.

May you be happy, healthy, wise and wealthy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users