Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Top Knodge File Recovery

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 01 June 2007 - 08:29 AM

I have a friend who totally fried his hard disk however PC inspector indicates that they are still there but not visable. He has 4 GB on programm files and the rest on video's of his family and music. Unfortunally he all stored it on his desktop. Is there a program or way to salvage these files? Paying for such a program won't be an issue

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:59 AM

PCInpsector should be able to recover it if it can see it. It's just a matter of where you're going to put it when you recovery it (whcih depends on how well Windows is/is not working).

Worst case, slave it to another computer and recover it from there.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 03 June 2007 - 03:19 AM

I made i mistake, sorry John. It was Treesize who indicated that the files were there. PC Inspector was tried but without avail.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 03 June 2007 - 06:32 AM

I'm guessing that TreeSize only reads the information from the MFT and not from the files themselves. If PCInspector can't see them, then they're not recoverable by our means here. I'd suggest a professional data recovery service at this point.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users