Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hooking Lcd Monitor To Gaming Consoles

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cliver

cliver

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:24 AM

Have no idea if this is the right forum for this.

I want to hook my 19" samsung syncmaster 931b lcd monitor to my ps2,ps3,xbox, and xbox 360(not necessarily all at once). The monitor supports max resolution of 1280x1024 75hz DVI and analog.

Is there some kind of hardware you guys can recommend i can use to do this? Im assuming this device will need dvi,component and audio(speakers) inputs.

Hope someone can help :D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:34 AM

http://gear.ign.com/articles/703/703073p1.html

That article from IGN is about hooking an Xbox 360 up to an LCD monitor, and it should tell you how to do it. It'll depend on the console really. For example, if you have a PS3 (or Xbox 360 Elite), you could probably use a HDMI-DVI connector. However, I must warn you, if you were to do that with the PS3, you must make sure that the monitor is HDCP compliant to watch blu-ray movies on a higher resolution on that monitor (using HDMI).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users