Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Air-flow In Pc

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 satnam

satnam

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 01 June 2007 - 06:40 AM

Last summer my PC overheated a lot. I have upgraded the CPU fan and that helped, as well cleaning dust etc
I was going to add a case fan but refrained as the only place I could add it on my PC was directly above the CPU fan. This would have meant that the case fan would have been working in the opposite direction to the CPU fan

I have also been reading that PC's are designed with airflow already thought about.

Would adding a PC fan be problematic??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:53 AM

Hi satnam.
If your pc can only accommodate one case fan, use it as exhaust (not intake).
It's more important to get the hot air out then cool air in if one fan is you're only option.
An exhaust fan isn't going to interfere with your cpu fan either. Installing one is quick and easy, provided you don't have to cut any holes that is. :thumbsup:

#3 T

T

• Members
  • 305 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 01 June 2007 - 02:56 PM

If you have a few empty 5.25 or 3 inch drive bays in the front, a front case fan would do a lot of good. I installed a 120 mm in the front (in one of those scythe kama bays) and my temps dropped by 10 c.

Posted Image

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,034 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:46 PM

You could always use an Expansion slot fan there around 10 bucks. here is some sample Fans

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users