Toshiba Satellite A30
Not sure of the specs. for the computer, but it is a good few years old, maybe 4 years.
I've always had minor problems with my laptop, but not like this. After starting up my computer I have about 3 or 4 minutes before it doesn't respond to anything I do. By respond I mean if I click on a programme, be it short-cut or in the start menu it doesn't open it up. It simply displays the loading icon on the mouse, thens stops. (Sometimes it gives me longer before it stops doing anything if I open a few programmes quickly as soon as it starts-up.)
After this stage, I try to shut down. However my computer won't do that either, like other people on this forum with similar problems I have to hold down the power button; as after clicking 'shut down' it freezes.
Maybe this wont help, but when I try to shutdown, it comes up with error messages, like normal ones where you have to click 'End Now' ***
What I've Tried:
- I tried opening the TaskManager but it won't let me do that. (Ctrl+Alt+Del , and by right clicking task bar > task manager)
- I've tried system restore, a number of times.
- I've tried running a programme to monitor what's goin' on on my PC, though it was primitive, it didn't show any errors.
- *** In relation to the above mention, I went on to Windows, and used Google, to see what these programmes were that wouldn't end, turns out they are Windows progammes/processes. One I remember was 'EventReciever' But there were a couple others.
- I tried to re-install windows. Inserting the Windows CD. And clicking both options to either just look for corrupt files, or a description of that nature, and repair them. Or to remove Windows XP.
- With the later option, I removed it, but didn't realise this wouldn't change anything significant. All that was gone was the programmes such as MS Word, Excel etc. So I tried to re-install it, but obviously the installation process takes time, so you guessed it, the computer stopped. Thus meaning I had to re-boot my PC. I then used System Restore, I think, and I managed to get the programmes back. However I don't know if this was to do with the part installation of Windows before hand.
Thank-you anyone for reading this post, and whilst I understand it might be annoying me posting a topic similar to a few others (Some of which are even on the first page of topics) My problem or atleast the symptoms of it, are different to that of the other peoples'.
Thanks for the time, and in advance for anyone that can help me out, Max.