Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SeattleSue1945

SeattleSue1945

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:04 PM

Hi there! I'm posting on behalf of my 80 year-old mother.

There was an incident where a scan by Trend Micro found 1 TroJ_Generic.za, which was removed. I did post a log in the HijackThis Forum and was advised that no malware was found and I should post this Pogo/AOL problem in this forum.

My mother is a paying member of Club Pogo. The only way she can play is thru logging in using AOL.9.0 Optimized with her AOL screen name. When she logs off AOL (closing AOL's software) and tries to log on using IE7 or Firefox, she gets a message that her member name and/or password is invalid. Going back thru AOL.9.0, she can play her games in Club Pogo, but finds the same problem when she has to put her Pogo member name and password in order to access the email Pogo contact link page. Yet, in order to use her tokens for purchases in Pogo's Mini Mall, she has to use her member name and password to confirm and they work fine then. I was able to log into AOL.com using the screen name she plays under, but when trying to play games, was prompted to log in with the member name/password and had the same problem.

The next thing I did was try logging into Pogo (on Mom's pc) using my own member name and was able to sign in using any browser, no problem. So the question is, why am I able, when she is not?

Also, when going into Temporary Internet Files and History Settings, there are some files under View Objects listed as damaged when viewing Dependency under Properties...does this effect anything?

Any insight would be very much appreciated.

SeattleSue1945's Daughter

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baloo

Baloo

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2007 - 09:53 AM

Try clearing the Temporary internet files and cookies.
Tools -> Internet Options -> on the General tab click the Delete button under Browsing History then click the Delete button under Temporary Internet Files and under Cookies.
If there are a lot of Temp Internet Files the process may take a few minutes wait for it to finish before you delete the cookies.
REstart Internet Explorer and let us know how you make out.

HTH
When life hands you lemons squeeze the lemon juice right in his eye!

#3 SeattleSue1945

SeattleSue1945
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2007 - 12:00 PM

Hi, Baloo! Thank you for your advice.

Clearing out the Temporary Internet Files and Cookies is part of the weekly maintenance on this pc. I did so again as you instructed and the same problem remains.

SeattleSue1945

#4 SeattleSue1945

SeattleSue1945
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2007 - 09:22 PM

Was just playing games on Pogo thru AOL.9.0 when there was a sudden disconnect from AOL with a box popping up stating there was an IE error. I didn't catch the rest of the error because just as soon as it appeared the pc shut down and rebooted itself. Never had this happen before. Was able to get back online without a problem. DSL is functioning normal. Our pc uses Windows XP, Media Edition.

SeattleSue1945

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users