Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anybody else have this problem w/ the Logitech MX 700?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 morrowind

morrowind

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 18 January 2005 - 10:18 PM

My right mouse click on my wireless MX700 is horribly loud when I click it down. It's hard to push and the noise it makes is extremely annoying. It's like it goes down a little w/o making a noise, then a loud bang soon immediately after when it gets pushed down all the way to the point of it actually registering the click.

Anybody else have this problem? Anybody have a fix? Maybe a little piece of dirt or something got underneath it and is causing this problem. I don't know. I'm clueless.

Is their a way to open it up and clean underneath? If not, do you think Logitech would replace it with a new one if I told them my problem. I've had it for about 7 months or so now I'd say.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Underwhelmed

Underwhelmed

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2005 - 03:46 AM

I've got an MX700 and I haven't got the problem that you're describing here. I would get an air can and try to blow out whatever it is that is causing the noise out from under the button. It might also be put on a little too tight to the other button (left side). I'm not sure what the warrantee information is on the MX700, but it would never hurt to contact them to find out if they can replace it or give you a better idea of what the problem could be.
Tacos. That is all you ever need know.

My Development Blog

#3 morrowind

morrowind
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2005 - 11:43 PM

I've tried a can of air and the space is soooo minute that blowing air under the button does nothing. I've tried scraping underneath it with a needle but that didn't fix it. Anybody else have tips?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users