Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems After Microsft Windows Update

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jacob2007

Jacob2007

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 31 May 2007 - 01:44 PM

Hello Every one!

Need Some Help With Windows XP Pro Sp2

Lately I Update From Microsft Windows Update..
This reliability update KB930916
I Didn't Pay Attention About That Update. I Was Fast Clicking,
And Download And Install An Update That I Do Not Need..

It Was Not Necessarily For My Computer
I Did Not Had This Problem That Microsoft Describe..

"This is a reliability update. Install this update to resolve an issue where a third-party driver installed on a computer that is running Windows XP may prevent you from opening files successfully on a NTFS file system volume."

I Was Thinking That Was Security Update Issue,(It Was Late At Night, And This Is The Time That Mistakes Happened).

Now After This Update.. There Is 2 Hardware That Are Not Working
1. USB Flash Drive SanDisk Cruzer Micro 2GB.. With U3
2. ATAPI CD-RW.

:flowers:

When I Stuck The USB Flash Drive To The USB Port, It Start The Auto play, And Stuck With The Auto play, Cancel Won't Stop It.. If I Press Shift Before I Connect The USB Flash Drive, The Auto Play Is Disabled, But When I Go In To My Computer.. I Do Not See Nothing.. The Computer Freeze, And Only Reboot With The Quick Little Boot Button On The Computer Is Doing The Restart,
Ctr+Alt+Del Bring Up The Task Manager, Choosing Shut Down Tab, And Restart..
Windows Refused To Do The Restart...
Normally Before That KB930916 Windows Xp Update.. When I Connect The USB Flash Drive, I Got The Sandisk Launchepad Opened, And It Was Working Fine.
I Uninstalled That Certain Microsoft Windows Update - KB930916.
But No Luck.. Still The USB Flash Drive Stuck On Auto play When He's Connected To The USB Port. (Any USB Port 2.0/1.1).

The Second Hardware That Stop Working Is The ATAPI CD-RW
Any CD That I Pot Inside That Cd Rom, Music Files, Video Files, The Files On That Cd Is Not Showing In The Right Click Mouse On The ATAPI CD-RW ( In My Computer ) And Choosing Explore. He Is Not Responding To Any CD...

If You Know How To Solve This Problem, It Will Be Great. :thumbsup:

Thank You !

Jacob.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shropwhite

shropwhite

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 31 May 2007 - 03:38 PM

hi mate not a expert but go to set program access and defaults click on add or remove make sure show updates is on then find the update you want to remove.try that it might work

#3 Jacob2007

Jacob2007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 31 May 2007 - 04:01 PM

Well I Was Trying To That, I Uninstalled That Certain Microsoft Windows Update - KB930916.
But No Luck..

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 31 May 2007 - 04:31 PM

Uninstall the Sandisk software in Add/Remove programs, then go to Device Manager and remove the USB storeage device and the CDROM drive. Reboot the computer, it'll detect the CDROM drive and reload the drivers. After that's done, reinstall the USB device
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users