Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Prob Is Going On

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Be water my friend

Be water my friend

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 31 May 2007 - 08:40 AM

You maybe know me from this problem just something about a week ago: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry520835

I have now to new memorys and do them in but my computer doesnt work better, he is laggy and sucks rly hard and after some starting without doing anything i got blue screen: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT 0x0000004E

my friend said that the problems i have could be because of the coneection MDT667 memory and Asus P5B
he said that maybe an BIOS update could be helpful what do u say??

THx for helping me!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Baloo

Baloo

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 31 May 2007 - 09:30 AM

You could still have a bad RAM stick. Check this link . Download MemTest to test your RAM if you have more than one stick, remove one and reboot to see if you still get the error, if you do then swap with the other stick and reboot again this will determine which stick is bad.
When life hands you lemons squeeze the lemon juice right in his eye!

#3 Be water my friend

Be water my friend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:13 AM

yeah i get the error with mem Test but the memory cant be bad they are new i got them yesterday
last time when i gave them back they test them and said the were overclocked but i didnt do domething like that and before i swaped them i did mem test too with the same error but now i am looking to CPU-Z and there are no signs of beeing overclocked

#4 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:34 AM

yeah i get the error with mem Test but the memory cant be bad they are new i got them yesterday

Wha? If you got an error with MemTest, then the memory is defective. It doesn't matter if you got it yesterday or last year, it is defective. It is not uncommon for memory to be defective right out of the box.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#5 Be water my friend

Be water my friend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:22 PM

but pls then say me how i just put them in and the PC was laggy??

#6 Baloo

Baloo

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:25 PM

The PC is trying to access the memory but is having trouble since the stick is bad so it constantly tries to use the memory and it can't. That would be the cause of the lag in your PC.
When life hands you lemons squeeze the lemon juice right in his eye!

#7 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:28 PM

Note that defective/bad memory does not mean it is spoilt.

#8 Be water my friend

Be water my friend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2007 - 03:17 PM

and what do u think about an BIOS update like my friend says because i have the P5B BIOS release version and my friend said that he read about problems with MDT memory and P5B

or do u know an other way to fix it?

#9 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2007 - 04:43 PM

Not all memory fits and works in all computers. What brand of memory did you buy? Do you have a serial or catalog number? What is the exact make and model of your computer? Please do not take this the wrong way, but I sense you are not ready to try and flash a BIOS
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#10 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 01 June 2007 - 12:59 AM

If you replaced the memory and memtest still shows errors this could point to a problem with the memory slot and not the actual memory.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#11 Be water my friend

Be water my friend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2007 - 08:31 AM

I did a Bios update and tested my memory again and i didnt get any memTEst errors, but my computer is still laggy and slow and I dont know why no bluee screen nothing !!!
NEED HELP!

#12 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 01 June 2007 - 08:33 AM

Have a look in the Task Manager and see what's eating up the most CPU. Post back the results.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#13 Be water my friend

Be water my friend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2007 - 09:11 AM

ehmm he is running on a bit less 20 % but nothing is rly explained that need this usage

but with an other task manager i can see that a thing called DPCs (Deferred Procedure Calls) is using all this power!

btw. taskmanager is saying that nearly all usage is in"kernel-time" Oo

ps. sry for my bad english xD

#14 GoodFortitude

GoodFortitude

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2007 - 12:33 PM

ehmm he is running on a bit less 20 % but nothing is rly explained that need this usage

but with an other task manager i can see that a thing called DPCs (Deferred Procedure Calls) is using all this power!

btw. taskmanager is saying that nearly all usage is in"kernel-time" Oo

ps. sry for my bad english xD

Hey Bruce Lee fan. Don't apologize for your english. It's not that bad, considering. Besides, there are a lot of people who speak english who aren't even trying to learn a second language! Peace. :thumbsup:

Edited by GoodFortitude, 01 June 2007 - 12:35 PM.

A man isn't measured by how many men he can bring down but, rather, by how many he brings up.

Change your circumstances; change your mind.

#15 Be water my friend

Be water my friend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2007 - 12:48 PM

Hey Bruce Lee fan. Don't apologize for your english. It's not that bad, considering. Besides, there are a lot of people who speak english who aren't even trying to learn a second language! Peace. :thumbsup:

hehe yeah it is good enough for the grade 4(from 1best to 6worst) xD
but do u maybe know an anser to my problem?

Edited by Be water my friend, 01 June 2007 - 12:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users