Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Request Checkup

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kimsland

Kimsland

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 31 May 2007 - 08:04 AM

Hi all,

I'm a computer tech (aren't we all?) I'm registered just about everywhere these days.
Sadly due to my profession I need to attend lots of dark sights (why?) To either find relevant information or to fully test specific programs that can not be normally tested (why again?) To offer support to others, including gaining knowledge for myself in dealing with spyware and a billion other related things.
I believe that there is an increase in support for techies such as myself, in this area.

As I am very careful and have many programs running (or that can be run) regularly to protect my PC, I am still concerned about what else may be lurking around my PC (ie hours of scans with multiple progs are becoming less attractive to me)

My computer itself + proggies are fully authentic so I would like to ask if I could have a full checkup by you guys, to see if anything may not be required lurking within my PC. (presently without any known fault).
I would be asking for someone with a high ability (well at least higher than mine) and an interest in a real computer tech's PC who has already confirmed all the basics.
Sorry no hackers, having full knowledge in this area I have been able to learn easily how to avoid hacking, rootkits, port & IP scanning, remote you-name-it; and always keep up to date with all the rest.

Regards,

Kim

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baloo

Baloo

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2007 - 09:37 AM

YOu would first want to run HiJack This! in scan mode only and post the log to the HiJack This forum on this site. The people here are very good at spotting malware. Start there and wait until you hear from a HiJack This team member who will help you determine whether your computer is free of malware. It may take some time so be patient we ar eall volunteers here.
Read this topic before posting your log.
When life hands you lemons squeeze the lemon juice right in his eye!

#3 Kimsland

Kimsland
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2007 - 09:06 AM

Hi guys,
Posted HiJackThis_v2 log ~5days, As stated you are all volunteers here; so if this is normal delay please disregard, otherwise has my post been forgotten?
Kim

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 04 June 2007 - 09:56 AM

Your log was posted on May 31.
Tomorrow it will have been posted 5 days.
If you haven't heard back from them by then, go to this topic, Haven't Had A Reply In Five Days?, and carefully follow all directions.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 PM

Posted 04 June 2007 - 10:01 AM

The HJT team works on a first-posted, first-reviewed basis; how soon your log is begin depends on the number ahead of you in the queue, and the number and workload of the HJT team at any one time.
Every effort is made to begin a posted log within 5 days, and it is my impression that most are started much sooner than that.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users