Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can Not Access One Site While I Can Browse All Web

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Screeam

Screeam

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 31 May 2007 - 07:54 AM

Hi guys,

I try to acceess a particular forum and i can access it.
I received and error message flushed very fast at the bottom oline of internet explorer "waiting for Res://ieframe.dll/dnserrot.htm"
I have this problem only with that particular site.

Rest goes fine, I can web browse everywhere., By the way I run VISTA bussiness and have vista firewall of (only routers firewall in on).

I suspect that a moderator plays games with me.
Once I asked the people of that site and I was told that the firewall was cutting me. off.
I was also tald that my web browser was set in such a way that was creating many network connection giving the imprersion of an attach.

First of all i want to ask what are those setting that make my browser behave as attaching a site.
I only open some pages let say of that site in different tabs.

Whene visiting a site like for example bleepingcomputer.com can you guys see information about my hardware for example my NICs mac address ....
If yes is there any way with Vistas tools to change that NIC addr?

Is there any methodology to prove to myself that the sites firewall is blocking me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baloo

Baloo

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:01 AM

Try pinging the website by name from a command prompt
Start -> Run -> cmd -> Enter
Type the following command in the DOS window ping xxx.xxxxxxx.xxxx where the x's represent the website address if you are getting no response or a request timed out error then type this command in the DOS window ipconfig /flushdns
After running these two commands try to access the website again.
When life hands you lemons squeeze the lemon juice right in his eye!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users