Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista -> Res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Screeam

Screeam

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:42 AM

Hello My friends,

I run Vista on a new labtop, fresh installation.

I can web browse practically can do everything send receive emails.

When i try to visit a paritular site, On the bottom part of internet exlorer thefollowing error message is flushed -> "waiting for Res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm"

See hxxp://www.blackhillsportal.com/cnt/files/servererror.jpg

It sounds for waiting for reply for nameresolution, i do nost understand

At the same time from another office a friend of mine can easily visit the site i can.

Please help me.

Regards

Edited by Screeam, 31 May 2007 - 05:56 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 31 May 2007 - 06:59 AM

I'd first try clearing your browsing history. If that doesn't work, then try right clicking on your Network Connection in the System Tray (down by the clock) and select "Repair" - this'll flush your DNS Cache as a part of the repair process.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Screeam

Screeam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2007 - 07:30 AM

Thanks usasma for all your answears,

I did what you proposed and still can not access that particular web site.

searching google for "Res://ieframe.dll/dnserrot.htm" I see a lot of people complaing but no one offer a solution.

I am affraid, its firewall cuts me off.

Is there a way to veryfy it?

Please try to help me this error drives me crazzy days now.

Reagards

#4 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2007 - 08:53 AM

What are you seeing when you try to do this?

The "Res:" part is described h e r e.

The way I read it, it is allowing you to "view" information from a "resource" - in this case the "ieframe.dll" on your PC.

It is then displaying the "dnserrort.htm" data, or page, of information in your browser.

I'm seeing the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" error message, which is apparently what should be displaying.

It is not on a web site - the "htm" information is in ieframe.dll on your PC.

At least, that's the way I'm reading it.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#5 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:08 PM

A couple of suggestions:

1) TEMPORARILY turn your firewall off, reboot and try to access the website. Did it work? Turn firewall back on!!!
2) Try another browser. Here's a good, free one that I use: http://www.mozilla.com/ Did it work?
3) Check your Event Viewer for errors - go to Start, type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Check the Application, System, and Internet Explorer logs (also check the others, but it's less likely to occur there). Let us know what errors that you find.

BTW - what is the exact address of the web page in question - some of the posts about this on the web refer to "referring URL's" as being the problem - most particularly those associated with those that have GoDaddy.com as the registrar.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 Screeam

Screeam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2007 - 03:54 PM

A couple of suggestions:

1) TEMPORARILY turn your firewall off, reboot and try to access the website. Did it work? Turn firewall back on!!!
2) Try another browser. Here's a good, free one that I use: http://www.mozilla.com/ Did it work?
3) Check your Event Viewer for errors - go to Start, type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Check the Application, System, and Internet Explorer logs (also check the others, but it's less likely to occur there). Let us know what errors that you find.

BTW - what is the exact address of the web page in question - some of the posts about this on the web refer to "referring URL's" as being the problem - most particularly those associated with those that have GoDaddy.com as the registrar.

1) I have vistas firewall of all time, only my routers firewall is on (blocks only unsolicited trafic, outbound trafic is always allowed).
2) Mozila has the same problem
3) Aplication event warning with MSInstaller only
system eventce -> control manager eventlog provider (no details)

4) I am reffering to an regular italian forum

#7 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2007 - 06:33 AM

Please type the address that you are attempting to connect to into your next post - without that I cannot see if this is a referring URL and if it's associated with GoDaddy.com. If the site address is embarrassing, try surfing around the links in the site to see if you can find a similar, less embarrassing site that this also happens on.

Edited by usasma, 01 June 2007 - 06:34 AM.

#8 valzgr8

valzgr8

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:56 PM

Howdy! Howdy!

I use windowsxp, IE7.0, McAfee security Center 11.0!

I have been having this same problem!

I have 3 puters!

All connected to the net via Wireless Linksys Blitzz G Router!

When trying to connect to the net, all three puters react the same way...displaying the message "res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm" in the lower left corner of the browser, before going to the "This page cannot be displayed" page.

I was on tech support (today) with my local net provider, to make sure there was no net outage in my area. This problem has come and gone over the last week...making me think that maybe it was a server issue.

However, with tech support we bypassed my wireles router (the Blitzz mentioned earlier)...and the puter that I plugged directly into the the modem connects to the net now with absolutely NO issues!

Evidentally, the problem is with my wireless Router! Has anyone else discovered this? If so, have you found a resolution? Until I get this resolved, I can only connect with one of my puters. I have to get this problem solved!

Happy day, ya'all!
--Val

#9 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2007 - 05:40 AM

Have you reset your wireless router to default values (and without any security installed - such as WEP or WPA)? There should be a reset button on the back - just unplug the router from everything and then press and hold the reset button for at least 30 seconds. Then try installing it again and see what happens.

Once it's working OK, then go in and set the security and then test again.

FWIW - there's a lot of posts about connection issues on the web. But most folks have resorted to a new router rather than troubleshooting the Blittz unit, so it's hard to tell what the cause is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users