Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mihangel

mihangel

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 31 May 2007 - 04:45 AM

Hello, I've tried Googling for this but to no avail.
I use a Epson DX3850 printer, Its working fine but i get an annoying
warning when I try to print anything "Your ink cartridges are not genuine Epson"
And then goes on to tell me how using' Blah Blah' will affect my warranty.
I do use compatible cartridges and have ignored the warning but it is
trying my patience.
Does anyone know of a way of disabling the warning?
I know buying genuine Epson genuine cartridges would be a solution :flowers:
but my rather slim wallet would disagree :thumbsup:

Thanks in advance for any help Mihangel

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 31 May 2007 - 06:34 PM

They basically sell the printers for cost. They make their money on the ink. So they're going to make it hard as heck to substitute. If it still prints after the error message, you're lucky
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 mihangel

mihangel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 03 June 2007 - 05:42 AM

I suppose i'll have to put up with the annoyance then :thumbsup:
They do provide a way to disable it but only at the cost of disabling the printer status moniter,
ink levels, cleaning, head alignment.
Bit of a cheek really dictating what inks i use.

Regards Mihangel

#4 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 03 June 2007 - 11:10 AM

I just sidelined my HP all-in-one because I was tired of buying a pair of $70 cartridges all the time.

They aren't hard to refill, but they only seem to work for a short time before I get "check the right cartridge" or "check the left cartridge"

Then I read on HP's site that the little copper bumps on the cartridge will wear even if the cartridge isn't being used! So if you're just using black ink to save money, you'll have to replace the color ink as well. It's all 'bout the money. Meanwhile, my older HP printers chug along nicely.

I replaced with a Lexmark, and I'm hoping that the refill process goes better, though I've had problems with them in the past as well. (And don't even talk to me about Brother . . .) Part of the trick is refilling before they get dry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users