Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems saving D/L pictures

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Primo315

Primo315

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 18 January 2005 - 09:34 PM

Hello, and thanks to everyone who helps make these boards run!

I am having a problem with downloading photos from web pages...seems that when I click on 'save file as" it only lets me save it as a a "BMP" file,,,,there are no other options in the drop down menu.

as of a couple of weeks ago, I cauold use the drop down menu and i could save it as a GIF or a Jpeg or other things....

I don't know what has happened, but it's really bothersome to have to go into photo shop and change all these pictures to a different type.

I sure hope someone can help, as I am not all that computer literate.

Thank you in advance for any help on this.

Veronica

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2005 - 09:47 PM

Try deleting your Temporary Internet Files ( Windows has a disk cleanup utility that will help you do this); when these files become too large, Windows will only save pictures as bitmaps. If this does not solve your problem, please post back.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Primo315

Primo315
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2005 - 10:22 PM

John,

Thank you so much for your fast reply, and to let you know, you hit the nail on the head!....I was amazed that it took almost 10 minutes for all the files to be deleted!

What may be common knowledge to some is simply genius to others!

You have corrected my problem, and i am sincerly gratefull! I will be deleting these files more often!

Thank you whole heartedly once again!

Veronica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users