Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Incredibly Long Lag Time In Ie

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 redblackdevildog

redblackdevildog

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 30 May 2007 - 07:31 PM

So, even though I know better, I downloaded an .exe file a couple weeks ago. This file, once installed allowed about 16000 new shared .exe programs on my computer. I installed Norton 360 in an effort to fix it and uninstalled the original .exe program (I think it was a futuredial program I installed initially).

So, ever since then, when I'm online, everything acts with serious delay. If I hit a radio button, it will about 5-10 seconds before I hear the familiar "click" of the IE browser. Also, going from site to site is a drag, too. If I open my task manager and then click on an IE button, I can watch the CPU usage go all the way to 100% and doesn't settle back down to the 2-10% that it normally runs until after the new page has ;oaded.

What can I do to help my problem? I've ran 360 full comprehensive check a couple times and Ad Aware a couple times too (with updates).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:54 AM

Hi redblackdevildog.

:thumbsup: to BleepingComputer. There are a number of online scans you can do, but I will leave them to those more familiar with them.
In the first instance, I would go to Microsoft and run the Windows Live ONECARE scan: http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm?s_cid=sah.
It will probably take several hours to complete, but follow the recommendations and come back to us with the results.

Good luck.

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users