Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With Java Runtime

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 30 May 2007 - 05:43 PM

I play a game Called FM2007 which uses Java. I also occasionaly visit a site from my home town called Lossiefowk which also uses Java. When I visit this site I get a little Java icon in my task bar which disappears when I exit. This afternoon I visited Lossiefowk for the first time in months. This evening I went to play my game and as soon as I inserted the DVD Rom the Java Runtime starts loading and then the installation manager box appears as if I am going to make a new installation. I close this and then click on my game shortcut to load my game. This happens every time I insert the disc which is irritating as the game is already installed on my PC. I need to insert the disc or my game won't load. I went to the Lossiefowk site again and right clicked the icon to see if I could figure out how to stop this happening but couldn't see anything obvious.

I know it is something to do with my hometown site as the same thing happened once before only it never clicked for me why at the time. At around the same time it happened before, SI Games came out with a new patch for FM2007 and I decided at the time to do a clean uninstall/reinstall and start a new game with the new patch. The Java Runtime / Installation Manager problem disappeared of course when I reinstalled the game.

The game has been working perfectly since until today when I visited the Lossiefowk site. I realised immediately that the last time this happened was the last time I visited my hometown site and realised there must be a connection.

Does anyone understand what causes this and more importantly how do I stop it from happening.

Again, thanks in advance for any help offered.
Bluesjunior.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 31 May 2007 - 01:07 AM

Hi bluesjunior.

Out of curiosity, what version of Java are you running. It is important to keep this up to date and the latest version is 6 Update 1. You can download the latest version here: http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp. Go to your add/remove programs and remove older versions, and install the latest one.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Edited by rowal5555, 31 May 2007 - 01:16 AM.

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#3 bluesjunior

bluesjunior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 31 May 2007 - 02:52 AM

I have the latest version, Java version 6 update 1. Also all older versions have been uninstalled from my PC.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users