Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Star Wars: Battlefront Ii Help

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 TheYoda

TheYoda

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:10 PM

So here I am playing my favorite Star Wars FPS, Battlefront II. Order 66 has just been given and now I'm in Coruscant killing Jedi and protecting the archivies, well at least I'm supposed to be. For some reason there are two waves of Jedi (maybe more, I can't get past the second one) and when the first ones done, theres usually one or two sections of the archive still standing. So at this point I know so I'm a Clone Engineer and I use the Fusion cutters to repair the archive. Ok, that's done. Than the second wave of Jedi come and there are a few of them and I can't fight them off and they destroy the archive remaining and I lose. I've done this COUNTLESS times and I can't seem to to get it right, does anyone have any suggestions or tactics that I could use to overcome this particularly difficult task?

All help is appreciated,
TheYoda

"A coward dies a thousand times before his death. The valiant never taste of death but once." -William Shakespeare

Fold for your future...Help us find a cure.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:38 PM

If I'm understanding you correctly -

one "walkthrough" I found suggests bring a few men with you and only protect one shelf (the one near the ammo and medical droid, if that makes sense) and turn "friendly fire to off", as well as repairing the shelf as it is becoming damaged. It sounds like this is one of those timed sections and you have a certain amount of time that you have to protect the archive.

Are we talking about the same thing?

The walkthrough is h e r e.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#3 TheYoda

TheYoda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:54 PM

YEAH!! That's exactly what im talking about. I'll try doing that, though I'm not particularly sure where the med droid is, probably in the back of the room, i'll have to check I can't remember off hand. Thanks a bunch for the info :thumbsup:, i'll post back with my progress if any.

"A coward dies a thousand times before his death. The valiant never taste of death but once." -William Shakespeare

#4 TheYoda

TheYoda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:11 PM

w00t, it worked, I got past the bookcases, and I got the next objective, and then i was Anikan, and then he got killed, and my troops got depleted and the mission failed....... :thumbsup:

#5 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2007 - 08:43 AM

Practice you must, Padewan.

:thumbsup:

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#6 TheYoda

TheYoda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2007 - 04:04 PM

Yes, Master...

#7 TheYoda

TheYoda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:31 PM

I tried it again and again, at least 15 times and I only got past the bookcase once, and now I can't do it. And now I remember why I didn't go on since i hadn't played campaign in months. So yeah, I give up on that, cause I can't do it. Looks like I'll just be doing galactic conquest, and instant action..oh well.

#8 Jeremy James

Jeremy James

• Members
  • 306 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:19 AM

Ok, i got stuck on this one on my xbox for a long time. I don't remember using the fusion cutter to repair it, but ti's been a year almost since I played.

Just focus on protecting one bookshelf. That may be redundant advice, but just stay in that one spot. If it's close to a health driod, you can just take a few steps to get healed.

Jeremy

#9 TheYoda

TheYoda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:45 AM

Even when I get past the bookcase (which after playing recently have) a few times, my troops always get depleted before I can be Anikan and get the flag whatever it is to the ship and back and then the mission is failed. I might be a loser and look for cheat codes ( :thumbsup: ) for like 1 shot kill or unlimited troops or something of that taste...

#10 TheYoda

TheYoda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2007 - 01:50 PM

Alright, well I just played and I got as far the last Jedi Master to be killed and I didnt kill him and swarms of regular Jedi pwn3d my ass so now I gotta start again and I lost patience..so screw that.

#11 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:32 PM

If ur still checking this post, I beat that level awhile back. I remember my strategy as: get a friend to play in co-op. Defend a lower level bookcase in the back. My friend tries to shoot all the Jedi approaching and if they get too close, I am standing at the end of the bookcase so I can shoot to either side. I'm not an engineer, as the bookcase is too easily destroyed anyway, but I am a clone commander or rifleman. Hope this helps. In the next section, the large green library, you MUST be a clone commander. He is the best for any part of the mission.

Edited by Ryan 3000, 14 June 2007 - 08:32 PM.

No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#12 TheYoda

TheYoda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2007 - 10:43 AM

Theres no one else I know that plays this game, at least not on PC anyway. And the only way I could get to play CO-OP on this is through a LAN party, which I dont have this installed on another computer and I lost teh discs (I have an image of them mounted via PowerISO, which doesn't me play multiplayer anyway. I appreciate the help though, and I will try being a clone commander when i jumble up the patience to do it again.

Regards,
TheYoda

#13 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:18 PM

Here is a lightly-detailed map that lays out the direction you and ally should be facing..
Posted Image
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#14 TheYoda

TheYoda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2007 - 01:31 PM

That's what the NPC's do and sometimes it works out OK, but other times it doesn't. When it does, I'm never able to finish the level because my troops die out and the mission becomes failed. Thanks, though.

Regards,
TheYoda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users