Posted 01 July 2004 - 08:32 AM
I do not have this player, but I may be able to help.
Typically when an application works, but not all of it, or all the time, it means that there is something wrong with the files. There can be many causes of this: In your case, you could try to think if maybe you installed another player (I-Tunes, Rhapsody, ect)-doing so may change the file associations; d/l Kazaa or other file sharing programs; or even something like changing your ISP can cause problems like this.
What I would do to correct the problem is the re-install the player. If you d/l from the internet, then d/l another one; or have the install CD/DVDs handy. Im sure that you know how to re-install a program, but I will list how to do it for those that do not know:
Restart computer and boot into Safe Mode
Click START ---> Control Panel ---> Add or Remove Programs. Scroll down until you find your application, and click 'change/remove' and follow the directions on removal.
Exit out of Add or Remove Programs, and Control Panel
Restart computer and go into Safe Mode again (some believe that this step is unnecessary, but I have always done it, and it seems to lessen problems down the road)
Re-install the application by either file that you d/l or CD/DVD
Restart computer a third time, but this time do not go into Safe Mode.
When you computer comes back up, you should not have any problems with your Media Player working the way it is intended.
Hope it helps
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.