Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

video and music tasks

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 shadowrider1

shadowrider1

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 30 June 2004 - 02:29 PM

The play all button has stopped working in both video and music tasks, is there a way to fix it ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 30 June 2004 - 04:01 PM

I am not sure what you mean? What programs are you using? When you say play all button , do you mean the >, kinda like this, button?

#3 shadowrider1

shadowrider1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2004 - 04:36 PM

Im using real player 10 and windows media player ,the button is on the left , when i open my pictures. I guess its not a button. it says play all or copy to cd. I use to just click on play all and it would play all the videos or music in the folder, now it wont.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,503 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2004 - 04:44 PM

Any other buttons not working correctly?

Is sound working?

#5 shadowrider1

shadowrider1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2004 - 05:44 PM

sound works , and the videos will play one at a time by double clicking on them , same with the music.

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,503 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2004 - 06:57 PM

Hmm... I dont have a play all button in windows media player, so I unfortunately can not help you on this one. Hopefully one of our other members can help you with this

#7 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 01 July 2004 - 08:32 AM

I do not have this player, but I may be able to help.

Typically when an application works, but not all of it, or all the time, it means that there is something wrong with the files. There can be many causes of this: In your case, you could try to think if maybe you installed another player (I-Tunes, Rhapsody, ect)-doing so may change the file associations; d/l Kazaa or other file sharing programs; or even something like changing your ISP can cause problems like this.

What I would do to correct the problem is the re-install the player. If you d/l from the internet, then d/l another one; or have the install CD/DVDs handy. Im sure that you know how to re-install a program, but I will list how to do it for those that do not know:

Restart computer and boot into Safe Mode
Click START ---> Control Panel ---> Add or Remove Programs. Scroll down until you find your application, and click 'change/remove' and follow the directions on removal.
Exit out of Add or Remove Programs, and Control Panel
Restart computer and go into Safe Mode again (some believe that this step is unnecessary, but I have always done it, and it seems to lessen problems down the road)
Re-install the application by either file that you d/l or CD/DVD
Restart computer a third time, but this time do not go into Safe Mode.
When you computer comes back up, you should not have any problems with your Media Player working the way it is intended.

Hope it helps
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#8 shadowrider1

shadowrider1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2004 - 03:10 PM

I uninstalled AVG antivirus and now everything works fine.
Thanks

#9 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,503 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2004 - 04:29 PM

How strange. Thanks for the heads up..good to know for any future problems people may have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users