Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Perflib_perfdata_7d0.dat

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 smurph

smurph

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 30 May 2007 - 01:34 PM

I got a new laptop a while back. I clean my temps out at least once a week. Yesterday there is two files named of this nature "Perflib_perfdata_7d0.dat" in there that I can not delete. It is bugging me something terrible. I have done searches on these files and can not find anything on them. If I log in as another user then go to my temp directory the files are not there. I have Norton Corporate, Adware and now AhnLab V3 Internet Security 2007 Platinum and can not find anything in spyware or virus. Can anyone tell me what these files are? Like I said they are bugging me and I am worried about a virus or something like that.

murph

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 mz30

mz30

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 30 May 2007 - 01:45 PM

hi smurph
your other post here
has said to go to the hjt forum heres the link
i too done a bit of research on your problem and as garmanma suggested Perflib_perfdata_7d0.dat is an undesireable object and should be removed .if you follow the link and perform all the actions (except 1 and 2 as you are already registered)
that should sort out your problem please note as there is a high demand on hjt help it may take a couple of days to get help please be patient
good luck
mz30

Edited by mz30, 30 May 2007 - 01:46 PM.

god my head hurts.
if you don't ask ,you don't know

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users