Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Install Ndiswrapper And Engenius Eub-362 Ext Driver

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 abrand888

abrand888

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 30 May 2007 - 12:07 PM

Please guide me with my questions in brackets with the instructions given by Keenan Systems. Thank you very much. I am new to Linux and appreciate your help.
Arthur

Download build and and install version 1.6 or later of the ndiswrapper here

( I am assuming I have to unrar this file using a Linux command using tar - zxvf ndiswrapper-version.tar.gz)

You will need the eub-362 drivers and bootloader files here

( I unrarred this zip file and made a separate directory on my flash drive. Will the command "ndiswrapper - net5523.inf find the directory on my flash drive or do I have to copy the files to which directory on my hard drive ?)

install the eub driver with the command

ndiswrapper -i net5523.inf

plug in your eub-362

modprobe ndiswrapper

(Does this command create the line below cat ?)

cat /proc/bus/usb/devices note the vendor id and product id

( does this command give me the id number and product id ?)

tell ndiswrapper to use the driver on the eub-362

(Where will this directory of files reside /)

vendorid ( What does this commend do and mean ?)

serial number

ndiswrapper -d 0cf3:0001:0.01

load the bootloader (put this step into your startup it must be issued each time the eub is inserted)

(Where is the startup to issue this command ? Also if the EUB-362 is always connected I assume that I don't have to issue this command. )

vendor id

prodid

load_fw_ar5523 ar5523.bin 0cf3 0002

bind the eub362 to wlan0

ndiswrapper -d wlan0 net5523

Issue iwconfig command you should now see the eub362 as wlan0 and can configure in the usual way.

Where do I issue the command iwconfig ?

Thank you very much.

Arthur

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users