Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Internet

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Binoy

Binoy

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:51 AM

Hi,

I have two hard drives: C: Windows XP Pro; D: Windows Vista Ultimate.
Internet works fine in Vista. However, when i go into XP, the connection icon shows up and is working, however it is not sending any anything only receiving. When i click on the internet it does not work. I also get a message saying the windows Firewall is not on. When i try to start it, it says error 127: cannot be started.
I tried starting the service but get the same thing. i have a feeling that the internet is not working due to the firewall, but i may be wrong.

In my connection properties, the ip and dns are set to obtain automatically, however, it is not finding any ip address. I sont understand as this is only happening in XP but works fine i Vista?

Any ideas / suggestions

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 30 May 2007 - 02:14 PM

Try to reset the IP address. Go to Start then Run. Type in cmd and press enter. At the commmand line type in ipconfig /release and press enter. When the prompt comes back up type in ipconfig /renew and press enter.
Now try to access the internet.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Binoy

Binoy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:46 AM

Thanks acklan, that worked. Everything is fine now!! Do you have any idea why it happened in the first place?

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 31 May 2007 - 08:22 AM

NO, I could not say. It is fairly common though.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users