Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Message Virtual Memory Low

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 aliboy66

aliboy66

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:26 AM

Hi keep getting message virtual memory low is this a problem and what is it.Keep getting updates for sonic activation module but i uninstalled this program but every time i start my computer its there and i cancel it it comes back is it stalking me help :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 30 May 2007 - 07:14 AM

You may want to increase your virtual memory size higher than what is now. What is the size currently?

1. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
2. In the System Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
3. In the Performance pane, click Settings.
4. In the Performance Options dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
5. In the Virtual memory pane, click Change.
6. Change the Initial size value and the Maximum size value to a higher value (Probably, 1.5x of your actual RAM size. For eg your ram is 1GB, then set it to 1500MB), click Set, and then click OK.
7. Click OK to close the Performance Options dialog box, and then click OK to close the System Properties dialog box.

There's a article by DELL to help consumer to remove the Sonic Activation Module. Take a look at it.

Dell - Why Am I Prompted to Install the Sonic Activation Module at Startup?

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 30 May 2007 - 08:06 AM

How much RAM and how much free hard disk does your computer have?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 aliboy66

aliboy66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2007 - 12:48 PM

Hi done what you said but when i put a number in i get a message enter a numeric value for the initial file size not sure what to do so put old numbers back. Initial size 756 MB. Maxium 1512 MB.
2.66gh2 and 504 MB of ram.Got rid of sonic activation module do i keep Windows installer cleaner.thank you :thumbsup:

#5 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2007 - 08:04 PM

Probably, you might want to go back and put initial file size as 768 and maximum file size also as 768.

You can remove away Windows Installer Cleaner.

Anymore problem now?

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:23 AM

I've seen a lot of these issues caused by misbehaving programs also. I'd suggest checking the disk reads to see if any of them appear excessive.

To do this, press Ctrl-Alt-Del to access the Task Manager.
Then click on the Processes tab
Then click on the View menu item
Then select "Select columns"
Then put a check mark in the IO Reads box and click OK
Then look at the running processes to see which is creating the most IO Reads (If you can't see it, grab the right side of the window with your mouse and drag it over to the right some more to reveal it)
You can double click on the IO Reads column header to sort the list by the number of IO Reads
If you find a significantly higher number for any given process, let us know the process name and we'll suggest a fix.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 aliboy66

aliboy66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2007 - 07:26 AM

Hi just to let you known every things seams OK do i have to look out for anything?.done the task manger thing not sure what i looking for but computer working good and for that :thumbsup:

Edited by aliboy66, 03 June 2007 - 07:42 AM.

#8 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2007 - 07:38 AM

Probably nothing much to do. How do you feel now? Is your PC working great?

Maybe a online scan to finish everything.

Please go HERE to run Panda's ActiveScan.
Once you are on the Panda site click the Scan your PC button. And follow the instruction.

Edited by Nikas, 03 June 2007 - 07:39 AM.

#9 aliboy66

aliboy66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2007 - 04:36 AM

I talk to soon its back get a message virtual memory low i set both to 768 768 :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users