Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spyware Back - Winfixer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Alwin666

Alwin666

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 30 May 2007 - 05:42 AM

Hi There

I recently had a problem with some viruses & Malware which were eradicated successfully by the very helpful & Swift Miekiemoes.
But i keep getting an invasion of Spyware most prominently WINFIXER. Spybot picks it up and destroys it but it keeps coming back.
Why is Norton not picking this up?
Would it be a good idea top run AVG Anti-root kit to find where this may be hiding
I can post a HIJACKTHIS log if necessary

Thanks in Advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:28 AM

Hi Alwin666,

Please read this part of miekiemoes' last post to you in your previous thread that was closed only yesterday: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/93464/help-with-hijack-this-infostealer-amongst-others/

If you need this topic reopened for continuations of existing problems, please request this by sending me a PM with the address of the thread.

Please stick to one topic/thread unless you have a completely new issue to deal with later down the road.

If you are not sure how to send a PM, click on miekiemoes' name (just above the avatar of the Malware Killer Dog) and choose Send message. Please be sure to send the url of your thread--copy the line below and paste it into the message field:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/93464/help-with-hijack-this-infostealer-amongst-others/