Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reality Tv Shows.

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:19 AM

I personally think Reality TV Shows are going too far. I was disturbed when I read this on the Web.
I think these Show Producers are delving too deep into Peoples lives just for Ratings.
Welcome your Thoughts.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article...20TV/article.do

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 31 May 2007 - 01:32 PM

The one you link to DSTM is so wrong in so many ways. I can not tell you.

I am no fan of reality shows. I watch tv and movies to escape. Except for those dealing in historical events. Most of them all all about who is with who, back biting, arguing and whining. Gee whiz! That I can do with out.

This I find quite disturbing

Inhumane' Big Brother won't budge on dead father

A decision by the makers of Big Brother to not tell a contestant her father has died has been condemned as inhumane, unethical and psychologically damaging.

Contestant Emma's father Raymond Cornell died last week and his funeral was held on Monday in Adelaide, but the 24-year-old is still unaware of his death.

:thumbsup: Can anyone believe that?

Edited by Scarlett, 31 May 2007 - 01:33 PM.

Posted Image

#3 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 31 May 2007 - 01:45 PM

The scary part, for me at least, is enough people much watch this to make it worthwhile for the network to keep it - and others like it - on the air. Huge ugh!

Thanks for the link, DSTM And this one in particular is especially repugnant to me - as Scarlett has already said "wrong in so many ways"!

There is a show that I flipped to not long ago - something called 'Doctor Phil' and egad, people were sharing their personal stories for the world to see - and apparently there is a lot of shows far worse than that one. Sure makes one wonder.
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#4 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 31 May 2007 - 01:47 PM

Just my insignificant opinion.....

....The further we drift from God, the worse it will get.

#5 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2007 - 02:01 PM

Right on jwinathome! The proof is out there as plain as day.
Or at the very least morals, ethics, human decency, and manners. Which reality shows lack for the most part.
The Golden Rule and the Ten Commandments are good rules to live by. Even if you are not a religious type.

Edited by Scarlett, 31 May 2007 - 02:05 PM.

Posted Image

#6 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2007 - 03:45 PM

I agree with all the posts to date and Thankyou for you opinions.I personally hold the TV Producers responsible here because of the large amounts of money offered to people to air their Dirty Linen in Public.The TV Stations here advertize daily for stories that they can use for their nightly shows.These shows are aired nightly at 7pm when the Children are watching.The stories with the most voilence,tearjerking emotionally charged confrontations pay the most Bucks.To me this is Sick.It is so out of control.To get the best Stories here for Ratings,many Cameramen and Repoters are shown with Smashed Cameras and Bloodied Faces.
I found ages ago when then Jerry Springer Show was aired here,just how low these Shows can go.Even resulting in a Murder Charge in one case I remember. Here's a reminder to the aftermath of a Jerry Springer Show.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/855853.stm

#7 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2007 - 04:28 PM

Its wrong on so many levels. I thought The Real World and Survivor were too much

Posted Image

#8 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 31 May 2007 - 07:33 PM

I can sort of understand why the networks do it - big dollars to be made and I suspect if most were burdened with a concience they wouldn't be in that business in the first place. But to be a willing participant and scramble to be included on these shows ... well, religion aside, what ever happens to basic self respect?! Wow!

- - -
PM to jwinathome .... Everyone's opinion here is significant - honestly! :thumbsup:

Edited by MaraM, 31 May 2007 - 07:35 PM.

Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#9 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2007 - 08:16 PM

I can sort of understand why the networks do it - big dollars to be made and I suspect if most were burdened with a concience they wouldn't be in that business in the first place. But to be a willing participant and scramble to be included on these shows ... well, religion aside, what ever happens to basic self respect?! Wow!

There are a number of Professions, and Situations like Reality TV Shows where the Person is prepared to give up their Self Respect and Dignity for the sake of the Almighty Dollar. The TV Producers prey on the low income earners,because they are more likely to accept than Wealthy Persons.IMHO.

#10 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2007 - 08:40 PM

I'm sorry it's foul and has no value. I'd never view it,it has as much appeal to me as watching Rosie on the 'Spew.'
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#11 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:20 PM

I'd never view it,it has as much appeal to me as watching Rosie on the 'Spew.'

Not to get off topic but how on earth can anyone watch that show where 4 women get together and argue about nonsense and fight over stuff.

Yes this show is pathetic. Big brother and the liver...hum

I like survivor though.

#12 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,260 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2007 - 04:44 AM

Its wrong on so many levels. I thought The Real World and Survivor were too much

I tried to watch Real World, once, nothing real about it. As for survivor.... noone is in danger of dying, so it's just an over the top game show, complete with melodramatics. (Spelling?) I think I said once before, in another post, I like to laugh when I watch TV, unless it's Football, so give me a good comedy anyday. :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#13 seafox14

seafox14

• Members
  • 266 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 01 June 2007 - 05:32 AM

So far, the only "reality tv show" that I'v seen is on discovery channel called The Deadliest Catch. I follows Alaskan Kign crab fishers as they try to fish for king crab in the Bearing Sea. This one is not fake or a game show.

Seafox14
5 So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. Have nothing to do with sexual immorality, impurity, lust, and evil desires. Donít be greedy, for a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world

#14 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2007 - 05:50 AM

That one may be the exception to the rule. I do like it.
Posted Image

#15 blueandgold04

blueandgold04

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:46 AM

Yes, Deadliest Catch is a cool show. I also think Man vs. Wild is a pretty good reality show. So is The Ultimate Fighter, if you enjoy the art of combat. There is a lot of solidarity and teamwork on this show.

As for the show you linked DSTM, I am truly appalled! The fact that people would open up their entire private lives for fame and money is ridiculous. And on such a delicate subject as this, deplorable. :thumbsup:

I hope the show is dropped due to poor ratings, like noone watched it. Wouldn't it be nice if people showed a general conscience? Wishful thinking, I suppose.
"Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal." -Albert Camus
"Chance favors the prepared mind." -Louis Pasteur
"If a man does his best, what else is there?" -George S. Patton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users