Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Program Not Responding

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 heyjude

heyjude

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 30 May 2007 - 03:03 AM

Hi, I've just been reading lots of posts but haven't discovered my particular problem, so here goes!

I'm running XP SP2 and IE6 and 85% of the time I get a message saying I should end a program called DIRECTDBNOTIFYWNDPROC as it is not responding. As soon as I click on 'End Program' Windows shuts down normally. I can't find such a program but I have a feeling it could be something to do with Outlook Express as I have also been experiencing problems switching between my different email addresses i.e. sometimes it just won't switch.

I have done spyware and anti-virus checks and it comes up clean so could there be a corrupted file that is causing this? By the way, I did try Mozilla Firefox for a while but the same problem occurring.

I would be most grateful for any help or advice, thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 30 May 2007 - 03:15 AM

I would try the steps given in this link.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 heyjude

heyjude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:15 PM

Thankyou Budapest! I am about to put the basic repair into action so will keep you posted. It's great to be able to be pointed in the right direct, so to speak! Regards.

#4 heyjude

heyjude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:50 PM

:thumbsup: So far, so good, OE is behaving properly now but if it regresses I can try the next steps so, thankyou Budapest!
Kind regards,
Judy

#5 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 31 May 2007 - 01:10 AM

You're welcome.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users