Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keylogger!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 wyrdmage

wyrdmage

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 30 May 2007 - 01:21 AM

ok. I ran KL Detector on my computer, and it told me that i have a keylogger, but i have already posted a HijackThis log and was told that its clean. I ran Avast and AVG antivirus programs, as well as adaware and spybot S&D, but nothing turned up on any of them. I ran KL Detector again and it said i still have the keylogger. How do I verify that i do indeed have a keylogger, and, if i do, how do i get rid of it??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GoodFortitude

GoodFortitude

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 30 May 2007 - 01:41 AM

I can offer a link to what I think is a super-great web page. But, it looks like you've ran some of the best software already. Does the KL detector give you the name of the keylogger? Here is the link. Hope it helps.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html

A man isn't measured by how many men he can bring down but, rather, by how many he brings up.

Change your circumstances; change your mind.

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,996 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:37 AM

You are being helped by Old Timer in the HJT Forum. Any questions you have concerning malware should be asked there.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...showuser=132913

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 30 May 2007 - 07:21 AM

OT last replied to you on May 28 2007 and asked for a new WinPFind3U report. You have not responded back.

Please refrain from asking for help from other members or staff while you are being instructed by a member of the HJT Team. Any modifications you make can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, following advice outside of that post may cause confusion for the team member assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer. To avoid confusing, I am closing this thread.

The HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean. I'm closing this topic until you are cleared by the HJT Team. If, after your log has been cleaned, you still need help, please PM a Moderator and we will re-open this topic. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send me a PM.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users