Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Oh Poor Little 'tink' ...

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 29 May 2007 - 10:11 PM

For goodness sake, apparently some people can read 'things' into even the most innocent of children's tv programs. Guess all it takes is one person with a 'dirty mind' - huge sigh - because I've had to watch this program so so so many times with the little ones, and nary had a single concern.

"Poland to investigate Teletubbies amid homosexuality concerns".
(Source: http://www.mytelus.com/ncp_news/article.en...ticleID=2682069 )

Oh dear, poor Teletubblies - apparently the fact that poor little purple 'Tink' carries a purse, reads as " a homosexual undertone" to some ... so those of you guys who carry 'bags' of any sort, careful, you may be labeled - gentle grin!

http://www.mytelus.com/ncp_news/article.en...ticleID=2682069
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 29 May 2007 - 10:31 PM

Didnt the late Jerry Fallwell also have a thing against the purple teletubby

Posted Image

#3 Iodine

Iodine

• Members
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 29 May 2007 - 11:44 PM

:inlove: Oh dear Mara!!! My hubby has been carrying this bag around for years!!! Do you suppose they'll label him too!!?? :trumpet: It really is too bad though that people seem to read into something as innocent as a childs program something that only their dirty little minds cooked up!! :cool: Perhaps it's the accusers with the problem and not the teletubbies!! :flowers: My grandaughter loves to watch the teletubbies and I really haven't seen where anyone would come up with this type of accusation, she sure doesn't seem to mind who's careing a bag as long as she has her little purse!! :thumbsup:
Tell me and I forget ;Show me and I may remember;involve me and I"ll understand.

#4 MaraM

MaraM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2007 - 01:22 AM

Yes, you're quite right, BlackSpyder, he too saw 'evil' lurking in this innocent child's program. (I'm tempted to rant on about him but shall gag myself lest I offend some of our members :trumpet: ). But I will share that it stuns me that not only did he believe that, he apparently convinced thousands of his followers too - huge sigh.

That does it, Iodine - your hubby must be 'gay' :thumbsup: Oh dear, I guess I shouldn't make light of this but the entire concept just seems so incredibly silly to me it's hard to take any part of this seriously. :flowers: And I laughed with delight to know that your granddaughter loves Telebubbies - if only because misery loves company! (I've sat through hundreds of episodes and the little ones never seem to tire of seeing even re-runs of it - sob and grin!).
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#5 mz30

mz30

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 30 May 2007 - 05:07 AM

got to say my daughter is a teletubbies fan don't know why there investigating it though as tinky winky is female anyway,
and i think so is dipsy, la la and po are boys.

i think that polish person got it wrong.or i did and tinky winkies a boy anyway 2 are definetly boys and to are girls so even if he was holding a purse ,he was probably being a gentleman and holding it for his female friend.
god have these people got nothing better to do

Edited by mz30, 30 May 2007 - 05:11 AM.

god my head hurts.
if you don't ask ,you don't know

Posted Image

#6 idk

idk

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 30 May 2007 - 05:25 AM

All of these critics... so annoying
I saw on the news a couple of days ago, a religious politician thought teletubies were evil.
Probably goes along the lines of this.

Never seen much teletubbies before. When I did see it I thought it was really cheesy.

Edited by idk, 30 May 2007 - 05:27 AM.

#7 mz30

mz30

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2007 - 05:40 AM

no i was wrong ,got this from a good source (my daughter)
tinky winky and dipsy are boys
la la and po are girls

but as i said earlier these people need to get a life
ITS A CHILDRENS PROGRAM FOR GODS SAKE
god my head hurts.

Posted Image

#8 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2007 - 08:25 AM

The TV Taliban, or perhaps the Grand Inquisitor, are everywhere. I hope they look under their beds before going to sleep at night.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#9 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 30 May 2007 - 08:32 AM

Just to play devils advocate...I have watched it before...and I can't find any real learning situations. It seems to lack any educational qualities. Just my opinion.

Oh...and the problem is with the pagan symbols for "religious people" I believe. The symbols on the heads of the creatures, not to mention the baby in the sun, and the rabbits everywhere. Research pagan symbols. (You can flame me for bringing it up.) :thumbsup:

#10 tink536

tink536

**pixie in training**

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 30 May 2007 - 09:17 AM

At first glance, my egotistical mind thought something happened to me. :thumbsup:

In any case, I've heard the rumors of one of the Teletubbies being gay, I just didn't know which one.

I really can't stand that show, to me it's just weird.
However, :trumpet: my niece loves it (she used to call them "TubbyTubbies") and I never told her she couldn't watch it.
When she's at my house, her TV watching is limited (since that's all she does at home; she even imitates commercials and stuff) so I never deny her the pleasure of watching what she wants to watch.
I can always watch things more to my liking when she's asleep. :flowers:

But, getting back on track here, I never thought the Teletubbies were male or female. I guess their colors could signify that, but I never really paid attention to that show.
And anyway, children wouldn't see that carrying a purse makes you gay, they just see that the Teletubbies are their friends (as weird as that sounds :inlove: ) and they seem to have a good time watching the show.

Posted Image
Posted Image
I search for Sjogrens Syndrome Foundation...Who will you search for?

#11 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:01 AM

Well I guess all the nerds (according to Werid Al) wearing fanny packs are going to be labeled too!

#12 mz30

mz30

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:01 AM

according to my wife the tall ones tinky winky and dipsy (boys)
and the short ones la la and po(girls)

so what if someone has a penchant for using womens accsessories,does'nt make you a bad person :thumbsup:
god my head hurts.

Posted Image

#13 MaraM

MaraM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2007 - 12:46 PM

I really am sitting here smiling because it's so true, the program doesn't seem to teach the children anything except it's okay to simply be happy doing nothing (wish I could take that lessson 'to heart' for myself - grin!).

Now, if only we could have some of you on the 'boards' that determine what is bad and good for children to watch, what a lovely world we would have! :thumbsup: :flowers:

Thanks to all of you for reassuring me that good old common sense still prevails - gentle hug!

#14 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2007 - 01:23 PM

I think the show is very odd. :thumbsup:

And do not see any educational value in it.
Just my two cents. :flowers:
Posted Image

#15 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:45 PM

With my tribe, I didn't have much option but to be into kids programmes. Didn't think much of TeleTubbies but did enjoy Barney.

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users