Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Avoid Install Programs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mloo55

mloo55

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 29 May 2007 - 12:15 PM

Is there any way to avoid that programs be installed without my permission since sometimes it causes problems when the pc works. I uses win98se 128k
rgds
mloo55

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 30 May 2007 - 12:12 AM

There is a program, Control Core, that will secure Windows 95\98\ME operating systems almost as tight as XP. Be carefull and do not loose the password. I lost it with a 98se system and had to format the computer.
To secure your computer follow the steps below.
>Set the computer to boot the hard drive only from the BIOS.
>Place a padlock on the computers case. If not, removing the BIOS battery resets to default BIOS settings.
>Install Core Control and set yourself two accounts. One with all privileges, and one you use all the time with limited privileges. Just in case someone sits at your computer with it unlocked.

You will find Core Control in our Freeware section with many others.

THIS IS NOT FOR NT\W2K\XP\VISTA COMPUTERS!!!

Edited by acklan, 30 May 2007 - 12:13 AM.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Commander Gman

Commander Gman

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 30 May 2007 - 05:52 AM

I think a firewall can do that but i don't know any firewall such compatible with windows 95\98\ME

Motherboard: MSI P35 Neo-F (Socket 775 LGA) Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz Kentsfield Chipset: Intel P35 Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GT 440 Memory: 2x 2GB DDR2 800 RAM Storage: 1x IDE 80GB, 1x SATA II 500 GB, 1x External 500GB HD Power Supply: 600W Power supply Monitor: Dual screen set-up Casing: Mini-ATX Fan(s): 1x 80mm silent fan OS: Windows XP SP3

#4 mloo55

mloo55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 30 May 2007 - 08:22 AM

thanks buddies
mloo55

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users