Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Temperature Help.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 evilmonkeyz

evilmonkeyz

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 29 May 2007 - 07:49 AM

I have just installed a new processor, motherboard and RAM, and all was well until I looked at my temperatures. (Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 2.67Ghz, Asus P5B Deluxe and 2GB DDR2 800 Ram)

The cpu temperatures are not too bad, although they are getting a bit high under load, however the aux temperature is just plane silly:

Posted Image

I have installed processors before and I followed the motherboards instructions to the letter so I know it is installed correctly. The system seems very stable so I don't know whats up as I thought with that kind of temperature, it would make the system seriously unstable? Any ideas please?

It also reports that only the cpu fan is going, which is untrue. Another thing, if I open the case and feel around inside, nothing feels hot, only warm as you would expect.

Cheers,

Josh
If life gives you lemons you should make lemonade, then find a buddy that life gave him vodka and throw a party!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 29 May 2007 - 08:05 AM

I would suspect that SpeedFan is not reading the temps correctly and that the 127C is a false reading.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 evilmonkeyz

evilmonkeyz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2007 - 08:07 AM

Thanks for the reply, yeah, I was thinking (hoping) that. Do you know of any other applications to test the temperature please?
If life gives you lemons you should make lemonade, then find a buddy that life gave him vodka and throw a party!!

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 29 May 2007 - 08:12 AM

You could try Core Temp.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 29 May 2007 - 08:44 AM

Your BIOS should have a reading for the temps built into it (I recall that Asus even had their own tool so that you could read it in Windows). FWIW - SpeedFan shows my CPU to be at -79 degrees C - now that's chilly!

If you had an Aux of 127, you'd feel the heat from outside of the case. Speedfan is supported by people sending information on the sensors to the author so he can write the program to display the temps (and fan speeds). As such, it's possible that the sensor information that's been calculated isn't specifically for your mobo - and it also assumes that the sensors didn't change during the life of the motherboard. All in all, it's a good tool as long as it's used with a bit of discretion.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 evilmonkeyz

evilmonkeyz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:42 PM

Thanks guys, I knew that it couldn't possibly be 127C as there wouldn't be much left of the pc, I was just a bit worried in case there was a problem, but it was just exadurating it, but thanks to the reassurance here and at another forum I'm not so worried.

Cheers all,

Josh

#7 JPHarvey

JPHarvey

• Members
  • 508 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 30 May 2007 - 12:32 AM

Use ASUS PC Probe II that came with your MoBo. That will give temps...

Alternatively you can use RivaTuner with the C2D Temps plug in (go to Guru3D.com). I was skeptical about the program initially, but I will never go back to PC Probe or nTune (for the Video Card)....
[CPU]Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo @ 3.19GHz
[MoBo]ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium (nForce590)
[RAM]4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 CL4 @ 710MHz
[GPU]XFX 8800 GTX 768MB [SLI] @ Stock
[PSU]CoolerMaster 1kW
[Audio]ASUS Xonar D2
[Case]Antec Nine Hundred
[OS]Windows Vista Ultimate 64
[LCD]SAMSUNG 226BW
[Other]WC'd CPU & SLI

#8 evilmonkeyz

evilmonkeyz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2007 - 08:01 AM

Thanks for the suggestion, I will have a look into it later. I have one more question, please can someone link me the drivers for my motherboard. (Asus P5B Deluxe wifi-ap, Vista 32 bit) I have been looking at as the asus site and I'm not sure which ones to download as there are a number of different ones. The disk that came with the motherboard with the drivers on is not compatible with Vista.

Shhessh, I've never before had such a problematic build. :thumbsup:

#9 JPHarvey

JPHarvey

• Members
  • 508 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:14 PM

Latest Drivers: (for Vista 32 bit)

BIOS 1101
PC Probe II
SoundMax ADI Audio Driver
No LAN Drivers for Vista at all...
RAID Drivers
ASUS Ai Suite
ACPI driver for ATK 0110 virtual device(?)
ASUS Wifi AP
ASUS Wifi AP Solo
Quick Start Guide
Wifi AP Solo User's Guide
P5B Deluxe User's Manual
BIOS & RAID User's Guide
Memory Qualified Vendors List

The rest of you drivers (i.e. older ones) are available through the ASUS Support Site.

Let me know how you go! :thumbsup:
[CPU]Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo @ 3.19GHz
[MoBo]ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium (nForce590)
[RAM]4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 CL4 @ 710MHz
[GPU]XFX 8800 GTX 768MB [SLI] @ Stock
[PSU]CoolerMaster 1kW
[Audio]ASUS Xonar D2
[Case]Antec Nine Hundred
[OS]Windows Vista Ultimate 64
[LCD]SAMSUNG 226BW
[Other]WC'd CPU & SLI

#10 evilmonkeyz

evilmonkeyz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2007 - 06:09 AM

Thanks, downloaded:

BIOS 1101
PC Probe II
SoundMax ADI Audio Driver
ASUS Ai Suite

And the pc is running like a dream. :thumbsup: I also installed a new heatsink today, and brought my temperatures down from 49C to 30C idle!!

Thanks for all the help guys.

Josh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users