Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Running Very Slow...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Venom_0728

Venom_0728

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 29 May 2007 - 12:57 AM

Hello.

I just reformatted YESTERDAY, and I am having problems already. I will be using Firefox, or any other program, and it will massively slow down. The loading light on my computer is solid for 5-10 seconds. The slowdown happens every 10 seconds or so. When it does slowdown, the mouse will jerk around and will not move smoothly. When I press Ctrl+Alt+Delete, it says that the CPU Usage is 100%. I read a previous topic about removing Norton, but I don't have Norton.

I just had this working fine a week ago, but here are my specs:

Intel Celeron M 1.4 GHz Processor
504 MB of RAM

I also have one other problem. This machine is a laptop and when I close it, it will try to restart. When I open it, it just tries over and over to restart. I have never seen this problem before and I am currently taking a class on these things and I still don't know what it is.

I don't know what to do. If anyone could give me some tips on stopping this slowdown, that would be great.

Thanks.

Edited by Venom_0728, 29 May 2007 - 12:58 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 29 May 2007 - 01:03 AM

When you press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and it says that the CPU usage is 100%, what processes are using the most CPU?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Venom_0728

Venom_0728
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2007 - 01:09 AM

When you press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and it says that the CPU usage is 100%, what processes are using the most CPU?

"svchost.exe"
"explorer.exe"
"firefox.exe"
"wmiprvse.exe"

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2007 - 01:21 AM

wmiprvse.exe can be an indication that you are infected with the SONEBOT-B worm. I would upload the wmiprvse.exe file at Jotti for analysis.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 Venom_0728

Venom_0728
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2007 - 01:25 AM

It says nothing found and that the file is OK.

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2007 - 01:33 AM

There have been a lot of these svchost.exe problems recently. See this Microsoft article for more infomation. Let us know if it helps.

—George Bernard Shaw

#7 foresthello

foresthello

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 29 May 2007 - 02:22 PM

did you try cleaning out you computer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users