Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mandriva Linux First Steps

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 merthyrblue

merthyrblue

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 28 May 2007 - 11:31 PM

I am a complete and utter noob regarding Linux and much to my amazement i managed to get hold of Mandriva Linux Free 2007 Spring and even managed to install it as the only Operating System on my spare computer. Wonders never cease, lol. But no matter what i tried, i have failed at every attempt to get on line using a Netgear "DG834G" 54Mbps Wireless ADSL2 + Modem Router. Is there anyone out there willing to help and guide me through the Internet set up procedure please???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monster_user

Monster_user

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 29 May 2007 - 01:16 AM

Mandriva should have configured that automatically...

You should be able to configure the Network manually, by going into the Mandriva Control Center, then going into the Network & Internet section. Then another menu "thing", and set the network to DHCP, or "Automatic".

I don't use Mandriva, so I can't walk you through it step by step, but hopefully this pointed you in the right direction.
The Answers are out there, you've just got to know how to find them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users