Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 blacksabath337

blacksabath337

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 28 May 2007 - 11:19 PM

i have some weird porblems with my comp
when i first start my computer it will start but then power down and then i press the power button again and it will start again
then windows boots up and i login but it won't actuallty login it will be stuck at loading your personal settings and i've tried out wait it but it went on for hours and stayed at the same screen. to get it to work i have to startup a few times and directly after entering a password i have to hit a random assortment of keys
next problem is after i install spyware doctor and reboot it wont boot up beyond a black screen so i enter safe mode and remove it from start up programs and system goes back to "normal"
last problem is with the browser whenever i load up a page without disabling plug-ins it will freeze up the browser for 10 to 20 secs
i think i may have a problem with the psu but i dont want to waste money on a new one
my specs are
core 2 duo E6400
geforce 8800 gts 640mb
dg965wh mother board
1 gb ddr2 ram
600w psu
also idk if i shoud mention this cuz i dont know how much power fans take up i have 4 120mm fans, 1 80mm fan, and 1 200mm fan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 PM

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:58 AM

If you think that it's a power issue, then try disconnecting all of your fans. Open your case, and put a desk fan (or any regular house fan) so that it's blowing directly into your case to help keep things cool. Now try to boot up, and see if there's a difference. If it boots fine, then you can reconnect all your fans and try booting again just to verify that it is a power supply issue.
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users