Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Running Yahoo Messenger And / Or Ie 6.0 Computter Disconnects...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 carcable

carcable

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:46 PM

Trouble started sunday morning...I was using my P4 putter trying to capture some video to do a DVD, then noticed it was no sound, then I deleted the sound management program: AC97 and reinstall it again to no success. Then I dismounted the HD (A Maxtor HD of 140 or so GBs) alongside the video capture card and installed it into a putter running AMD Athlon XP 2800 or so. Then I installed the drivers for the vid card as well as the sound program to be sure it was OK to work; and it did. I managed to finish and edit the DVD. But then after that, I tried to open a new video editing project and the putter suddenly freezed. I tried to shut it down but it will never do that; it stayed on no matter how many times I tried to shut it down and restart again, so I resett it manually. Then it came on again saying it couldnt read the primary slave drive; but I said OK. Then opened Yahoo Messenger and started chatting with a friend and then suddenly the program closed; then came to IE 6.0 and it performed so slow....Then I went and downloaded Firefox and seemed to run better. But then again the putter keep on not shutting down, so I shut it down pushing the reset button.....Then it opened again and then again Yahoo messenger keep on closing as well as both IE and Firefox; when I replied to an email it keep saying I had no internet connection...Then I scanned the HD for viruses using AVG and it found about 5 viruses that were removed. But then again the putter just keep on responding on yahoo messenger, I installed it again to same results. Then used Spybot and just found a cookie from Firefox...Now Im back again at the P4 putter, installed the video card and sound program and seems fine. but still im having yahoo messenger, IE and Firefox problems...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users