Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why Do Yahoo Features Keep Crashing My Firefox?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yorocco7

yorocco7

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 AM

Posted 28 May 2007 - 03:58 PM

This is a weird & annoying problem. Its happened enough that I had to post it here. When I use my Firefox browser (my default) it seems to have trouble with YAHOO features. It crashes almost every time I use it w/ Yahoo Mail. I can read my mail but if I go to move mail into different folders it almost always crashes FF completely. It just happened when I was looking up something on YAHOO TV. I went to TV listings & bam it crashed. YAHOO is the only place that causes they problems. I now do all my YAHOO stuff using IE. It doesn't have any problems. I have a lot of extensions added to my FF like "NoScript" could that be causing the problem? I have the latest version FF install as well.
Thanks!
Acer 5738Z - Pent.Dual Core T4200 2.0GHz - 4.00GB RAM - 64-Bit Vista Biz & Win7 Pro -Latest Moz.F.F. & T.B.- Avast!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 29 May 2007 - 12:20 AM

Try running in Firefox diagnostic 'Safe Mode' for a while.
This disables all your extensions & uses the default theme. Might have a little conflict going on if you have many extensions.
Enable each in turn to find the culprit, restarting Firefox each time.
See the list of Problematic Extensions.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 twardnw

twardnw

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 30 May 2007 - 02:53 PM

I had a customers computer that had problems with Yahoo TV, turns out it was actually a video card driver issue. Updated that to the latest release and the issue was resolved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users