Her new PC details:
- Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 2.13GHz Processor
- GigaByte GA-965P-S3 Motherboard
- OCZ 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2 PC6400 800MHz Memory
- EVGA E-GeForce 7600-GT 256MB DD3 Graphics Card
- Maxtor 500GB SATA/300 Hard Drive
- HP dvd940i 18x DVD Writer with LightScribe
- Antec Solo sound-deadening case
- Antec 350 watt PSU
- WinXP Pro SP2
- Kaspersky AV 6.0
- Spy Sweeper
My problem is that I determined after I put it all together and benchmarked it, that the SATA driver did
not get installed as a special SCSI driver at installation. Using the Passmark Performance Test, the results
for the Advanced Disk Test are: 1.6MB/s!! This from a drive spec'd at 3Gb/s (375MB/s)!
I would like to go back through the install process and make it right so that disk performance is on par with
the rest of the system. I have backed up the system image using Acronis version 10.
Is what I am considering possible? If so, am I missing anything from my thinking?