Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Search Result Questions ?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 AM

Posted 28 May 2007 - 12:45 PM

Search Results

This is a screen shot of a search for a saved e-mail, entitled: Image Post and Delete, saved in a Personal Mail Folder in My Document Folder.

It was saved, on my, (PC File), using AOL software, (since, I use AOL e-mail, etc.), and can be opened using the, (AOL Mail Management saved on my PC), however this filed e-mail was not saved using the title; Image Post and Delete,.. and therefore not referenced by this search, it is saved on my computer, and may be the subject of a further question.

However, I am trying to figure out, how, what, where, and why, about this saved e-mail, entitled; Image Post and Delete, . .

Starting with No.1. , (below in the first image file), AOL Icon, located in folder C:\ Documents and Settings\Joe... and size is 2KB, It's type is AOL HTML Document.

What is an AOL HTLM Document ? Where precisely is this file located ?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I am assuming that, No.1, is the doc saved in My Documents Folder in My Personal Mail folder.
No.2., is an AOL Icon, located in folder C:\ Documents and Settings\Joe... and size is 1KB. It's type is a shortcut. If this is the sane file, . .Why is the size of the file not the same as No.1 ?
Where is this document, No.2, filed ? It is obvious that, No.2. and No.3. are in My computer, No.2 is in C:\D, but where? , . . and No.3 located in My computer, but where?.
Why is there no size and date for No.3 located in the My Computer file ?
No.4, is the sane discription as No.1, and this is not clear as to it's location.

Also, Is there a way to merge the three images together so they can be reviewed on one page ?

A reduced size using the software tools that I have post a blurry image and therefore, I must cut and paste, since the page size transferred to my paint software is limited ?

Excepting the Merge Image question, This is not an urgent Request, . . .since I will continue to research the answers but your contribution will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jove,

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 PM

Posted 28 May 2007 - 01:15 PM

I will try to answer as much as possible.

What is an AOL HTLM Document ? Where precisely is this file located ?

If I'm not wrong, AOL HTML Document is just AOL Email Fomat of HTML Document.

Posted Image

As you can see just right beside the "In Folder", there's a line something like (|), just double click or drag the line (|) to your right and you will see the full path of the Document location.

I am assuming that, No.1, is the doc saved in My Documents Folder in My Personal Mail folder.
No.2., is an AOL Icon, located in folder C:\ Documents and Settings\Joe... and size is 1KB. It's type is a shortcut. If this is the sane file, . .Why is the size of the file not the same as No.1 ?

Since No.2 is a shortcut of No.1, No.2 will definitely be smaller size than No.1.

Where is this document, No.2, filed ?

Probably in the same folder as No.1. I'm not sure as I can't see the full path.

It is obvious that, No.2. and No.3. are in My computer, No.2 is in C:\D, but where?

I don't get what you mean. Rephrase?

and No.3 located in My computer, but where?.
Why is there no size and date for No.3 located in the My Computer file ?

No idea about this.

Also, Is there a way to merge the three images together so they can be reviewed on one page ?

Again, I don't get what you mean.

Hope I have answered your doubts, feel free to ask if you still don't understand.

#3 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2007 - 03:01 PM

Nikas,

Thanks for your reply.

What I meant about merging images, when posting they are posted reduced to 62% when viewing in preview post, and you need to click on them one at a time, to enlarge, since, I meant them to be a package, and fit together, I had thought that this was something new that The administartion was using and it would be posted like that, I have never seen it here before.
But, I see now that it works sufficently well.

I will review the instructions you have posted and post a reply, I can not tell you when, I will get to it though.

Thanks Very Much Again ?

Jove

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#4 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2007 - 07:03 PM

Posted Image

Of these Documents saved, as previously stated ; I saved one e-mail to my document files, but the search, which has now come up with (6) individual entries,
is still somewhat confusing to me.

There are (4), 2KB files in folder, there seems to be two sets of folders comprising these four entries, the thing is I saved only, (1) e-mail entitled; Image Post and Delete.

"Since No.2 is a shortcut of No.1, No.2 will definitely be smaller size than No.1."

What is the purpose of this shortcut, i.e., isn't on my desk top ?

Prev. post Q ; Where is this document, No.2, filed ?

" Probably in the same folder as No.1. I'm not sure as I can't see the full path."

If, so are there suppose to be, (2) filed docs in this folder , because there is only, (1), that I can see.

Prev. post Q ; It is obvious that, No.2. and No.3. are in My computer, No.2 is in C:\D, but where?

"I don't get what you mean. Rephrase ? "

The new Scrnsht does not depict this by co-responding numbers, as previous however, i.e.,

(4.) is in folder My Computer, but where ? Should I check all folders ? Is this following a repetitive scheme, and if so what is the meaning of the scheme and why are the other columns blank ?

Jove

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#5 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2007 - 11:00 PM

What is the purpose of this shortcut, i.e., isn't on my desktop ?

That shortcut is not being created by you, as you can see. It is stored in this folder "C:\Documents and Settings\Jo----\Recent\" and this folder stores whatever files you have opened recently. You don't have to worry about it, it's automatically saved.

If, so are there suppose to be, (2) filed docs in this folder , because there is only, (1), that I can see.

Probably, you have to enable show hidden files and folder. To do so,

Click Start, open My Computer, select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
Select the View Tab. Under the Hidden files and folders heading, select Show hidden files and folders.
Uncheck: Hide file extensions for known file types
Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
Click Yes to confirm.

Remember to disable show hidden files and folder by checking back 1) Hide file extensions for known file types, 2) the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option after you have finish viewing

After you have enable showing of hidden files and folder, you will be able to see much more folders and files. Important! Do not attempt to delete anything!

From what I can see, there are:

2 Image Post and Delete files in "C:\Documents and Settings\Jo----\My Documents\" which is No.1 and No.5

If I am not wrong, No.1 is showing you by the current login account user, My Document folder. Whereas, No.5 is just showing the full path to the current login account user, My Document folder. So, it makes no different.

1 Image Post and Delete file in "C:\Documents and Settings\Jo----\Recent\" which is No.3

I have explained why this Shortcut Document exists.

2 Image Post and Delete files in "C:\Documents and Settings\Jo----\Desk 2005\AOL Mail\Graphic\" which is No.2 and No.6

Can't think of any reason, probably it's the images of the document.

The new Scrnsht does not depict this by co-responding numbers, as previous however, i.e.,

(4.) is in folder My Computer, but where ? Should I check all folders ? Is this following a repetitive scheme, and if so what is the meaning of the scheme and why are the other columns blank ?

As for No.4, I'm not too sure.

#6 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2007 - 01:13 AM

Hi Nikas,

Thanks for the reply,

I will read this over, as I came back to this site to write and tell you that, it may be possible that the photo's or scrshts may have some bearing on files entered, anyway, I see that you have made a comment relating to that, I'll need some time to review this, I'll post back, but can't tell you when.

Much appreciated, thanks again !

Jove

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#7 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2007 - 03:34 AM

No problem.

*Nikas awaiting....

#8 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2007 - 02:51 PM

Nikas,

Concerning your comment ;

"After you have enable showing of hidden files and folder, you will be able to see much more folders and files. Important! Do not attempt to delete anything!"

Now that I am beginning to understand the nature of these saved e-mail folders, ( and have decided there may be a better way of saving these informations, since the IP I am using has a format that is not compatible with my OS unless it saves software programs with it etc. and somtimes they are difficult to make operable and show blank pages when they are opened).

How would I delete these ?

Jove

living again !

vrwqzc.gif

#9 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2007 - 08:40 PM

since the IP I am using has a format that is not compatible with my OS unless it saves software programs with it etc.

Are you referring to your Internet Protocol Address?

somtimes they are difficult to make operable and show blank pages when they are opened

You mean when you open those email, they may show blank pages?

How would I delete these ?

Delete off those files that you have mentioned previously?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users