Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Beauty And The Beast

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 nn23

nn23

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 28 May 2007 - 11:01 AM

Hey everyone,

What attributes do you find ugly and what attributes do you find beautiful?

Is your Mr/Mrs right the same as your partner in real life?

The obvious and safe answer to this question would be for all of us to mention personality attributes or to say that our partner/enemy is Mr or Mrs right/wrong. Although these might be the correct answers do they truely represent how you feel? Did your partner/enemy fit exactly into your prefixed template of attractiveness/unattractiveness?

I would much appreciate to hear what people find physically attractive/unattractive aswell as the usual "classic" personality attributes, style/ state of being/ hygeine that they feel make people beautiful.

CHEERS everyone :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 blueandgold04

blueandgold04

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 29 May 2007 - 12:32 PM

Well, to answer honestly... I was always a chest man, I loved big full...you know. Until I met my wife. She has the best behind I have ever seen, and great legs! I was converted instantly. And her eyes are completely gorgeous.

Attractive:
Athleticism- lithe body, graceful movement, coordination
Symmetry throughout body
Firm curves
The ability to make a 'pouty mouth'
Soothing voice

My wife did not fit. She blew the template away. Sometimes I wonder how I pulled it off (you know, charming her into marrying me :thumbsup: ).
"Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal." -Albert Camus
"Chance favors the prepared mind." -Louis Pasteur
"If a man does his best, what else is there?" -George S. Patton

#3 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 AM

Posted 29 May 2007 - 03:22 PM

Nope, my parter is nothing at all like my original perceived idea of 'physical perfection' - :thumbsup: - at least not in all areas - and while attractive to other people, he's truly beautiful to me! So I can surely relate to blueandgold04's lovely wife "blowing the template away" from his original perceived ideas too. Huge happy smile!

As I get older, I realize that the really old adage, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" is so true - and since I'm a lover of sitting on a park bench watching the world go by, my heart has smiled a zillion times to watch a typically 'gorgeous' person go by hand in hand, and obviously in love with, someone that does not meet society's 'norm' for beautiful. Love it!
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#4 bilko

bilko

• Members
  • 276 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 29 May 2007 - 04:50 PM

For this I'm going to ignore everything else just for the sake of looks, yup how very shallow of me. But there is no real ideal woman, a compromise has to be found for what you want and what you get. ie very very rich, very intelligent, very funny, caring, loving, good cook, the list is endless.

Small 5ft 0in ish
Slim
Features:
Asian - Korean, Thai, Philippenes, Chinese, Japanese.
Favorite is half-caste of any of the above.

Cant say exactly what it is thats sooo attractive.
Who's hot.

Devon Aoki - Dead or Alive
Tia Carrere - lots of movies
Ziyi Zhang - Memoirs of a Geisha
Michelle Rodriguez loads of movies

And finally my girlfriend.
Posted Image

#5 nn23

nn23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:07 PM

For this I'm going to ignore everything else just for the sake of looks, yup how very shallow of me. But there is no real ideal woman, a compromise has to be found for what you want and what you get. ie very very rich, very intelligent, very funny, caring, loving, good cook, the list is endless.

Small 5ft 0in ish
Slim
Features:
Asian - Korean, Thai, Philippenes, Chinese, Japanese.
Favorite is half-caste of any of the above.

Cant say exactly what it is thats sooo attractive.
Who's hot.

Devon Aoki - Dead or Alive
Tia Carrere - lots of movies
Ziyi Zhang - Memoirs of a Geisha
Michelle Rodriguez loads of movies

And finally my girlfriend.

Hey Bilko, thankyou for your reply, so how closely does your girlfriend fit your ideal? or is she completely different? (but just right of course all the same :thumbsup: )

#6 nn23

nn23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:09 PM

Oh yeah, btw, i am also interested in what people find unattractive aswell, and HA HAAA although i might of come across as a bit anal in the beginning, feel free to include other attributes of attractiveness and unattractness too *nods*

CHEERS :thumbsup:

#7 bilko

bilko

• Members
  • 276 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 29 May 2007 - 08:38 PM

Hey Bilko, thankyou for your reply, so how closely does your girlfriend fit your ideal? or is she completely different? (but just right of course all the same :thumbsup: )

Time to be honest.
She's Thai, 5ft, 50kg, slim but curvy, apparently not very pretty by Thai standards, but I think she looks fantastic. Pretty poor, pretty dumb, Thai education system is quite poor(but streetwise to high heaven), speaks 5 languages (so is she still dumb??? I only speak 2), very funny, brilliant cook, good friend.

As I said before my ideal woman doesnt exist. Ideal woman is just a fantasy and un-obtainable.

Even though she doesnt meet my ideal woman shopping list, I stll love her and wont change her, until someone that meets more on my shopping list comes along (joke before you men haters start)

Unattractive
Most of the unattractive features are in the personality.

Overweight. A little bit not to bad, but obese definatley out.
Big backside.
Dressing slutty --- very nice to look at when your chasing the girl, but not so nice when you got her.
Inappropriate use of bad language.
Drinking to much on a reglular basis.

And what is likely to get me hate mail. Physically handicapped.
Posted Image

#8 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2007 - 09:22 PM

I like Southern Country girls. The current (and soon to be ex if she keeps on) is a Yankee City girl.

Posted Image

#9 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2007 - 09:43 PM

I like Southern Country girls. The current (and soon to be ex if she keeps on) is a Yankee City girl.

Okay, now I'm truly curious ... what is the difference between 'Southern Country' and a 'Yankee City' girl - other than where they actually live, of course? :thumbsup:

Oh dear, hopefully no one will throw 'stones' at you for being honest about, "And what is likely to get me hate mail. Physically handicapped", bilko . If this is a 'turn off' to you, that's simply what it is, a 'turn off to you'.
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#10 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2007 - 10:07 PM

Attitude, the way they carry themselves, of yeah and country girls dont complain when I bring "bambi" home in the back of my truck for dinner

Posted Image

#11 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2007 - 10:13 PM

:thumbsup:

#12 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2007 - 11:16 PM

Okay so I am younger but I get a vote too.
Male here for all who dont know and a teen.
First

what people find unattractive aswell

Fat...watch it wiggle see it jiggle no no no....I mean like REALLY overweight like 30lbs or more you know like noticeable not like a little. Girls look, well its up to the girl but they look like "poor" when bone thin.

Oh and Southern Girls are the Prettiest and Coolest Acting around. And the West has some nice ones too. Yankee I dont know.... Go SC girls ha ha.
I'm sure they are pretty everywhere but to me them southern girls like the guy above said have a cool personality compared to others.

A lot of guys would come in here and say I like "Big chest" which is okay but too big equals back trouble and such later on. Also the old saying what goes up must come down comes into mind.

To me its like beauty I mean I do like boobs and such as a guy but its not what I judge a girl on. I personally like the eyes and the face and the overall form. Much prefer the eyes and face looking good over a set of big boobs.

I like taller girls though like anything over 5'3" or 5'4" because I am 6'2.5" or so. I know this once 20 year old Girl who is 6 foot tall!

Other physical things are like being fit like not overweight. Its like all up to the height as far as weight.

Us guys tend to be really visual. Just watching girls walk by can drive us nuts I am sure every guy here can agree.

For a girl it seems appearences arent super high on the list like guys. Some hot girls would marry a bald guy when most guys would not marry a bald girl unless she was a great woman.

As far as personality wise I dont have to much to say. Just not to nitpicky or overbearing and bossy and someone who is understanding and patient with us guys ha ha.

I also dont like redheads with the acception of a few kinda like Linsay Lohan. Mainly because of the skin complexion seems to be pale and freckily like they could burn easy.

I really like Brown,Black or Dark brown the most. This is because of the color and the skin complexion. I like some blonds but it seems the hottest girls I know are Brown haired or Black haired or of course Brown. Plus they seem taller than the blondes. Like the Girls I know that are Brown haired are like 5'7"-5'10" or so while the blondes can be from 5'2"-5'5" or so. But its not always the case as I know other girls that dont fit these height levels for the hair color.

This is just what I like about Women so far in my almost 18 years this Sunday. Never dated anyone yet so I am sure I will find out lots more soon enough ha ha. Like one I know now. Guys talk like 6k words a day and girls talk like 30k a day. Yep its true....So when dating you have to compromise and talk 6 hours a day on the phone and talk at least 1/3 of the time ha ha. You could go from 6k while not dating to maybe 8k or if you are really happy that day maybe 10k.

Edited by cowsgonemadd3, 29 May 2007 - 11:17 PM.

#13 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 30 May 2007 - 02:02 AM

I'm a male teenager (18).

I personally don't like the super skinny look that everyone in magazines obsesses over. It's not worth it. I don't want a toothpick I want something with a little meat on it. As for actual body features:

eyes - I first look for the face, must have pleasant easy-looking eyes. Something that you can look at and be comfortable starring at or even glancing at. I don't want eyes that are intimidating.

hair ~ I find hair a big key in attractiveness. I want someone who has semi long hair. I don't like the too short look, then they almost look like a guy. Anything to the shoulders works for me.

body ~ I'm average for my own body, with a few extra pounds. I want someone who looks like me or close to me. I don't want this "supermodel" look. Some not only look sickening. I don't want the toothpick body, to which you could wrap your hands around twice. I want someone who is average like me, and might have a few extra pounds. Now I'm not saying I want some huge obese person, but someone who would be average.

As for my girlfriend, she has all the characteristics that I have mentioned above. There are more features, almost every guys pays attention to, which I will not mention because it lies on the border of the forum rules (I think), plus I would feel uncomfortable talking about it online.

#14 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2007 - 09:18 AM

hair ~ I find hair a big key in attractiveness. I want someone who has semi long hair. I don't like the too short look, then they almost look like a guy. Anything to the shoulders works for me.

Agreed right there. Short hair is ugly. I know this girl who gets her hair cut short all over but the back has this like push up of hair thats like 4 inches longer than the rest. Short hair on a girl is a major turn off. Something about watching hair flop around ha ha.

#15 blueandgold04

blueandgold04

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:07 AM

Right on man! I am from Montana, and I met my wife there. But she is from TEXAS! God Bless Texas! :thumbsup:
And I agree, they carry themselves differently, and it seems like they are trained on how to take care of a man. I mean, in all aspects, cooking, cleaning, consoling; she was the only one I found who knew how to provide all that I was looking for.

Also, something very attractive for me: I worry and get worked up over things. She is cool as the other side of the pillow! Your mate has to round you out emotionally, so that you are as a wheel, that can roll.
"Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal." -Albert Camus
"Chance favors the prepared mind." -Louis Pasteur
"If a man does his best, what else is there?" -George S. Patton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users