Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Performance Jumps To 100% Randomly

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bubba57

Bubba57

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 28 May 2007 - 08:49 AM

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-FS742/W, windows XP. My computer frequently gets to 100% usage and boggs down the performance. When you try to play a video clip or an itunes music the sound gets real slow and you can hear the computer running something. If you are in a program and trying to type or something it just stops and acts like it has to catch up before you can continue. I have cleaned and ran all the processes in the hijack this forum. I got the all clear from my log and they suggested to post here.

Some of the Processes that run high
Lucallbackproxy.exe
lucoms1-.exe
ccApp.exe
svchost.exe
explorer.exe
iexplore.exe

Thank You

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zbd

zbd

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 28 May 2007 - 11:36 AM

There are been quite a few posts in here recently about svchost.exe taking
100% of the CPU. In many cases this is due to an issue with Automatic
Updates for which there is now a fix released by MS. It could also be due
to malware. Your problem is compounded by the problems with the Norton
software.

I suggest two things. First get rid of NIS and don't use any of the Norton
home security products. They often times become problematic, and even when
running well they are resource heavy. There are other, more reliable, less
resource intensive alternatives, that are either lower cost or free.

If you want to keep Norton:
If you have Live Update, in NIS "options" disable
it and run Live Update manually once per week or more if you wish. Then it
may not want to run by itself so much.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 28 May 2007 - 04:01 PM

I agree with zbd - get rid of the Norton. You may want to (if you're stuck on Norton) uninstall it to see if that fixes the problem. If it does, then you'll need either another protection package (we can recommend lot's of free good ones), or you'll need a fresh, uncorrupted download of Norton to reinstall. Regardless, it's important to ensure that the removal is only temporary, and that you reinstall some sort of protection immediately after testing.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 29 May 2007 - 12:46 AM

ccApp.exe hogging your resources can be a symptom of the W32.Ahker.D worm. I would scan the ccApp.exe file at Jotti.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 Commander Gman

Commander Gman

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:27 AM

Here are some free alternatives for virus protection
If you don't want to stay with Norton:
here are some 2 of my best suggested Anti-Virus Protection against malware

Grisoft
AVG
=========
Avast
Anti-Virus
=========

Motherboard: MSI P35 Neo-F (Socket 775 LGA) Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz Kentsfield Chipset: Intel P35 Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GT 440 Memory: 2x 2GB DDR2 800 RAM Storage: 1x IDE 80GB, 1x SATA II 500 GB, 1x External 500GB HD Power Supply: 600W Power supply Monitor: Dual screen set-up Casing: Mini-ATX Fan(s): 1x 80mm silent fan OS: Windows XP SP3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users