1) Go to Start and type in "sysdm.cpl" and press Enter
- Click on the Advanced tab
- then on the Performance Settings button
- then select "Adjust for Best Performance", click OK to exit the dialog.
2) Go to the Desktop and right click an empty space
- Select Properties
- Select Display Settings
- Adjust the color to the lowest setting possible, then click on OK
3) Consider adding more memory to the computer. Typically laptops that come with Vista Home Basic are stripped down models - and while it can function with 512 mB of RAM, a gB or two will make it run much better.
4) Go to this link and follow the steps there: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/44690/slow-computer/
Although it's written for XP, the steps are similar for Vista. If you have difficulty applying it to Vista, post back and we'll help you with the Vista specific commands.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able. - John
(my website: http://www.carrona.org/
)**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack
. ** If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.
<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.