Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Window Shut Down Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 eggway

eggway

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 27 May 2007 - 08:12 AM

This problem occur after i did a reformat after due to the problem in http://www.castlecops.com/t190570-Microsof..._Installed.html

the problem is when every time i shut down my PC, the CPU made a clink sound.Then in about 3-5 second, the screen turn off.
The normal shut down is the when sound made by the CPU, the screen should turn off together with the sound.

my main board is MSi 845PEMAX (ms-6580)

Please help me with the problem as i usually switch off the main switch once he sound is heard. Now there is a delay in the switching off of main switch due to the screen.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TheYoda

TheYoda

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 PM

Posted 27 May 2007 - 09:27 AM

What model video card do you have? Also, what slot is it in, AGP, PCI, or PCI-e?

"A coward dies a thousand times before his death. The valiant never taste of death but once." -William Shakespeare

Fold for your future...Help us find a cure.

#3 eggway

eggway
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:06 AM

my video card is inno nvidia geforceFX 5500 GPU.

#4 TheYoda

TheYoda

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 PM

Posted 28 May 2007 - 08:50 AM

Did you try taking out the video card and putting back?
Also try clearing the CMOS on the mother board (see your owner's manual on how to do this).

Regards,
TheYoda

"A coward dies a thousand times before his death. The valiant never taste of death but once." -William Shakespeare

Fold for your future...Help us find a cure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users